Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Sport Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Info Sec
I was searching the web for an in stock, budget friendly roof rack for a JLU. Using Google Shopping I had narrowed it down to the Smittybilt Defender and it appeared the best option was going to be Vivid Racing. There was no low stock or back order notification, no tax since it is out of state and shipping was listed as $0. If things look too good to be true they usually are and low and behold I received a follow up email last night:

" Our online order team has the following comments about your order: I received your order and before processing this for you I want to see if you are OK with the current ETA. Right now we are looking at about 4-6 weeks for production and shipping. We have also been informed due to this having to ship freight it will be $95 to ship this to your door. Please let me know how you would like to proceed with this order Talk Soon, Connor Vivid Racing 1429 W. Scott Ave Gilbert, AZ 85233 Tel: 480-966-3040 Ext: 3 Fax: 480-966-0806 www.vividracing.com "
Unlike other reviewers I was able to get through right away on the phone and spoke with someone that reviewed the order and confirmed what was in the email. They cancelled the order as requested, unfortunately now I have to wait for the pending charges to be reversed.

I would have been totally fine with the back order delay estimate had they quoted the shipping correctly when placing the order.

I just want others to be aware and prepared when you get the email saying there is a back order, or shipping cost change.

p.s. I selected undisclosed as this was an internet purchase from a company located in another state.
Sponsored