Sponsored

Virginia re-gear. Any shops not ripping people off?

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Well. Bull Run was by far the most reasonable in the area. $2500 parts and labor with lifetime warranty on the work, using Yukon or Dana Spicer gearsets, price includes 500mi fluid change.
That's the route to take then, for sure. "Local to you" has value if there's ever an issue with the gear-set or a bearing failure.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
That really is unfortunate. I hope the guys at Bull Run 4x4 can hook you up. Logistically, it doesn't make much sense to drive this far. If you have to, I'll certainly help out and do the work, but by no means make the trip if you have alternatives.

$3500... At about $2500 I'd start getting pissed off, but $3500...I wonder how they're justifying that?

For $2250 parts and labor, I'll load up my tools and come to you.
I think its this NoVA area. I've never lived here, but my woman and I moved here this past year after we got back from our deployment. That deployment cash was the only way we were able to afford the down payment on the house. Im not weaving a tale of terrible woe about being broke or anything, we're doing just fine, but we're fine because we deploy. There's just so much money around here that I don't think Joe and Susie Q. NoVA bat an eye at paying insane rates and don't know any better. I've kicked out HVAC techs, plumbers, etc for trying to charge *hourly* labor rates of $8-900; and these were major companies you see all over the area...so people are paying it. Don't get me wrong, I guess if you can get it, charge it. But don't look at me cross eyed offended because I'm not an idiot.

Just more money than sense.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
I think its this NoVA area. I've never lived here, but my woman and I moved here this past year after we got back from our deployment. That deployment cash was the only way we were able to afford the down payment on the house. Im not weaving a tale of terrible woe about being broke or anything, we're doing just fine, but we're fine because we deploy. There's just so much money around here that I don't think Joe and Susie Q. NoVA bat an eye at paying insane rates and don't know any better. I've kicked out HVAC techs, plumbers, etc for trying to charge hourly labor rates of $8-900; and these were major companies you see all over the area...so people are paying it. Just more money than sense.
That's the way our Moorseville, Oak Ridge, and several other areas around here are, too. With all the NASCAR, Banking in Charlotte, and the Furniture Market here, people will try to take advantage. Little Kernersville and the majority of the Triad is pretty good. Places like Lake Norman and Asheville are beyond terrible.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
That's the way our Moorseville, Oak Ridge, and several other areas around here are, too. With all the NASCAR, Banking in Charlotte, and the Furniture Market here, people will try to take advantage. Little Kernersville and the majority of the Triad is pretty good. Places like Lake Norman and Asheville are beyond terrible.
Yeah I remember that from my Bragg days.

Sponsored

kobylasam

First Name
Koby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Stumbled over this forum on a google search as I was looking for a regear (in the east coast) to 4.88 at a reasonable price. Drove 5 hours from VA beach to have @chevymitchell do my regear and it was absolutely worth it he’s an awesome dude!
Sponsored