Sponsored

Virginia re-gear. Any shops not ripping people off?

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Live in northern virginia. So far the cheapest quote ive gotten to regear my jeep is $3,000; which is absurd.

who has found better?
Sponsored

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
Live in northern virginia. So far the cheapest quote ive gotten to regear my jeep is $3,000; which is absurd.

who has found better?
Hey bro, I have my jeep on order from a dealer in Chantilly VA. I just called them up and they said quoted 1750 plus 150-200 for fluids. Fair oaks is the dealer

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Hey bro, I have my jeep on order from a dealer in Chantilly VA. I just called them up and they said quoted 1750 plus 150-200 for fluids. Fair oaks is the dealer
$2k parts and labor? Or is the 1750 labor and the 200 fluids and then you gotta buy gears? Thats a great price if its all up

ItsNo4RE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLU Willys/17 Ram 1500
$2k parts and labor? Or is the 1750 labor and the 200 fluids and then you gotta buy gears? Thats a great price if its all up
You know what, the deal has not been completed and that's a good question... I just assumed. Come to think of it, negotiations were so rough that I doubt this could be this cheap now... ill keep you informed

Last edited:

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX

Last January one of the local 4x4 shops had a special running at $1500 parts and labor to regear with your choice of either 4.56 or 4.88. I think you will find $2K a fair price in many areas.

I am still on the fence whether to regear but if I do, likely will go with 4.88's (not convinced going from 4.10's to 4.56's would be worth trouble) and do the work myself...Next on the performance front however is Borla's Touring Climber Cat-Back (was told to expect it's release mid January) and then a Livernois tune.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Last January one of the local 4x4 shops had a special running at $1500 parts and labor to regear with your choice of either 4.56 or 4.88. I think you will find $2K a fair price in many areas.

I am still on the fence whether to regear but if I do, likely will go with 4.88's (not convinced going from 4.10's to 4.56's would be worth trouble) and do the work myself...Next on the performance front however is Borla's Touring Climber Cat-Back (was told to expect it's release mid January) and then a Livernois tune.
im looking for a shop that will do it for $2k that doesnt involve a long drive. The problem with NoVA is there is so much money around here tradesmen know they can easily rip people off. I had a hvac tech quote me a job that worked out to an over$900/hr labor rate. I called him on it and he shrugged and said “we price the job”. I told him to pack his stuff up and head out.

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
im looking for a shop that will do it for $2k that doesnt involve a long drive. The problem with NoVA is there is so much money around here tradesmen know they can easily rip people off. I had a hvac tech quote me a job that worked out to an over$900/hr labor rate. I called him on it and he shrugged and said “we price the job”. I told him to pack his stuff up and head out.

You might reach out to some of the 4WD clubs in the area to see if they have some recommendations, they can often be of great help! Also check to see if there are and mod-friendly dealers in your area, sometimes you are pleasantly surprised! Just make sure whoever you choose has someone who is knowledgeable & proficient at setting up gears...that is critical no matter where it's done.

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Drive to Kernersville, NC and have @chevymitchell do it. Well worth the time and trip.
What he said. It might be a longer drive than you want but you won’t find anyone on the east coast to do it better. His pricing is more than fair. His work and attention to detail are second to none.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer

Sponsored

3VOLVE

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If you are still looking for someone local, I recommend reaching out to Bull Run 4x4 on Rt 15, they are doing Zoom consults which is better than driving out there right now.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
If you are still looking for someone local, I recommend reaching out to Bull Run 4x4 on Rt 15, they are doing Zoom consults which is better than driving out there right now.
Im calling them today actually. Theyre my last call locally here before I make the drive down to @chevymitchell I have work and custody issues that make the logistics of the drive down there for a couple days a little more challenging. I know chevy does great work and his reputation on this forum is second to none. Normally I wouldnt mind the drive, its just more involved for me right now. But I'm not about to get taken to the cleaners just because jeep drivers in this area have more money than sense. I got a quote from one shop, delivered with a straight face as matter of course, that regearing would cost $3,500 parts and labor. I literally laughed and walked out. absurd.

chevymitchell

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR (Pain Train), 2022 2500 AT4
Occupation
Avi Engineer
Im calling them today actually. Theyre my last call locally here before I make the drive down to @chevymitchell I have work and custody issues that make the logistics of the drive down there for a couple days a little more challenging. I know chevy does great work and his reputation on this forum is second to none. Normally I wouldnt mind the drive, its just more involved for me right now. But I'm not about to get taken to the cleaners just because jeep drivers in this area have more money than sense. I got a quote from one shop, delivered with a straight face as matter of course, that regearing would cost $3,500 parts and labor. I literally laughed and walked out. absurd.
That really is unfortunate. I hope the guys at Bull Run 4x4 can hook you up. Logistically, it doesn't make much sense to drive this far. If you have to, I'll certainly help out and do the work, but by no means make the trip if you have alternatives.

$3500... At about $2500 I'd start getting pissed off, but $3500...I wonder how they're justifying that?

For $2250 parts and labor, I'll load up my tools and come to you.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
That really is unfortunate. I hope the guys at Bull Run 4x4 can hook you up. Logistically, it doesn't make much sense to drive this far. If you have to, I'll certainly help out and do the work, but by no means make the trip if you have alternatives.

$3500... At about $2500 I'd start getting pissed off, but $3500...I wonder how they're justifying that?

For $2250 parts and labor, I'll load up my tools and come to you.
holy shit. You're a rock star. If it goes that way, I'll spot you a hotel night too.

I'll see what Bull Run says but Im not optimistic. I've got the parts on order which will take a little time, and I'll go over everything with you and make sure it's all square. Keep you posted.

OP
OP
Kurt0

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Well. Bull Run was by far the most reasonable in the area. $2500 parts and labor with lifetime warranty on the work, using Yukon or Dana Spicer gearsets, price includes 500mi fluid change.
Sponsored