AlexCastro

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl 2019
Hi,
I have a Wrangler JL 2019 2 doors with no auxiliary switches. I just bought a Viofo dashcam and I was wondering if I can connect it to the Auxiliary Switch Connections under the instrument, panel and which color cable code they use?
Thks,
upload_2020-2-12_18-19-39.png
Sponsored

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
If you don’t have the Aux switches, you won’t have those wires.

OP
OP
AlexCastro

AlexCastro

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl 2019
If you don’t have the Aux switches, you won’t have those wires.
Those cables are on the passenger side for the Aux switches or are in a different location? Any idea which is the option to connect the camera in this case?

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Those cables are on the passenger side for the Aux switches or are in a different location? Any idea which is the option to connect the camera in this case?

You can power it using one of the USB ports. I’ve been running my dash cam this way.

Sponsored

1996cc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR 392
Do you have the garage door remote control in your sun visor? I am planning on wiring mine into the power for it.

jlewissystem

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR MANUAL Mojito!
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t have experience with doing what you need, but I know a few guys in here have either tapped into a mirror/other wire with ignition power or ran a wire to the fuse box, to tap an ignition fuse. You’ll have to pay attention to amperage draw on that run. If an answer doesn’t find its way to this thread, do some searching.....many/much info on this site :)

OP
OP
AlexCastro

AlexCastro

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Jl 2019
I don’t have experience with doing what you need, but I know a few guys in here have either tapped into a mirror/other wire with ignition power or ran a wire to the fuse box, to tap an ignition fuse. You’ll have to pay attention to amperage draw on that run. If an answer doesn’t find its way to this thread, do some searching.....many/much info on this site :)
Thanks for your answer. I have been doing a lot of research and it seems I will need to go through the firewall (which I prefer not to) , to access the PDC. Since my Jeep does not have auxiliary switches, I was wondering if there's another option to access from inside.

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
Thanks for your answer. I have been doing a lot of research and it seems I will need to go through the firewall (which I prefer not to) , to access the PDC. Since my Jeep does not have auxiliary switches, I was wondering if there's another option to access from inside.
I've seen people tap in to the cigarette lighter from behind the panel.
Sponsored