swozey

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
This is great, this is like savagegeese reviews, actually gets technical and not just "oh this drives nice"

Sponsored

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Just watched part 4, fucking yikes there's a lot of junk on that engine! I can only imagine how much more garbage will be added to the other engines. Glad I'm purchasing the Lifetime Warranty lol. Those rubber hoses, WHY so many? Sheeeesh. I've been in GM's LS world for a long time and they've done some questionable things but I think Jeep could learn a few things, this almost makes me want to drop in an LS just from a KISS perspective lol.

Awesome videos, thanks for sharing!

macintux

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 LJR, 2022 JLR
Seeing how complex that is really makes me rethink. As much as I’d love to have a new Jeep with a warranty (I’ve never owned anything new) I’m wondering if I wouldn’t be happier just buying another TJ for a 5th of the price. I poured at least 10k into my LJ last year but that won’t happen often. Or hopefully ever again.

I can afford a lot of repair work if I’m saving 40k.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Very interesting videos, a nice look at a lot of the components, but would prefer the commentary from someone familiar with the parts, and who doesn’t have a hard-on for GM to sell their conversion.

Turn the GM promo down from 93% to 60% and it replace it with more detail and less guessing like the EGR and transmission gaffs, and moaning about all the tech require for emissions etc.

Still a lot of valuable info, and great looks underneath & in-between.

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
I agree with the guy in the video that the early 2000s motors were more efficient than the earlier vehicles thus needed less emissions related hardware because it met the emissions standard at the time. But emissions are much more strict now so even these more efficient motors need to reapply the emission hardware from before and we can just hope it is more reliable than before. :fingerscrossed:

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I'll tell you what this video reveals to me.

Given my lack of tolerance for repair expense and frustration (much that I went into the purchase of a 1st year rig with open eyes) it reveals to me that I need to more strongly consider Extended Warranties on the rig, and keeping my current daily driver. There seems like a lot of complexity, granted as Ape mentioned, with the bias of a GM lover, that whether justified or over-engineered, regardless, makes for more points of failure.

Rig problems will be frustrating enough in time and inconvenience. Not pre-paying for them may be more than this owner can tolerate. But that's me.

Note to self: consider acquiring tow gear for current daily driver to tow JL into dealer for possible repairs versus waiting at dealership or taking taxis to and from the dealership.

BBgun

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 JKU, 2004 Ram 2500
Occupation
sales
If that’s Tommy at Motech he knows his $hit.
I've dealt with the guys at Motech and they are top notch. They are super knowledgeable. I had a guy put an LS from their shop in my 2010 jk.

Last edited:

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj5, Jeep Jl Rubicon
I've dealt with the guys at Motech and they are top notch. They are super knowledgeable. I had a guy put an LS from there shop in my 2010 jk.
Any idea what they charge to put in a basic LS or LT in a new JL. Whole package Ballpark?