Sponsored

Video: Stock JLUR Rock Crawling

Dynomite1371

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Granite, Steel bumper, Safety, Cold Weather, Tow package, Premium Alpine, Black Leather and Mopar "self draining" Mats
Occupation
Police Officer

offcamber

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
Obviously you don't have much experience off-roading...

Wheel damage...it's going to happen when you play on the rocks. It's simply unavoidable for alloy wheels. They are softer than the rocks.

The underside of the Jeep has skid plates. They are there to make contact with the rocks. The Jeep wasn't injured. The first week I had my 2012 I took it to Clayton, Oklahoma and wheeled the whole weekend. I dragged the underside all over the giant rocks there. The skid plates got a bit scratched up, but that's what they are there for. I took it on narrow UTV trails with branches against both sides of the Jeep. It got a little pinstriped but who cares. Nothing a buffer didn't clear up. Looks fine today.

20180204_172010-X3.jpg

TopPinArcher

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1987 Toyota, 2017 Crosstrek, 2008 Gulf Stream Vista Cruiser
Occupation
Environmental Technician
You must have seen this right after me.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-wrangler-hidden-falls-offroad-park.3585/

Hidden falls is a fun offroad park. I've gone through most of the trails with only minor touch ups to bumpers/sliders/wheels(And a busted tail light.) Narrow fenders are a must for some of the trails at that park IMO. They have a few trails that take you through rocky creek beds that are barely wider than the Jeep. It's nice to make contact with your tires before damaging a fender. These were taken when I first got my 2012... I ditched the wide bushwacker flares immediately after that trip
DSC_0172.jpg
DSC_0206_zpsa202a8a5.jpg

DSC_0371_zps63a6df1c.jpg

Can you spot the missing piece?? Nothing a little duct tape couldn't fix for the ride home... Tailights for the JK were inexpensive, I'm a little concerned for those with the sensors in the taillights.
Exactely why I skipped that option!!
Sponsored