Video: Stock JLUR Rock Crawling

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
I’ll be honest, I’m not ready for rock rash damage yet, that made me sweat... haha

Sponsored

JHJLUR

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GC Overland, 18 JLUR
Exactly, off-roading doesn’t mean destroying things, or doesn’t have to mean that....he had shitty spotters as well IMO, but regardless you can go through some tough stuff without having to damage things if you do it right.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
You must have seen this right after me.
https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/jl-wrangler-hidden-falls-offroad-park.3585/

Hidden falls is a fun offroad park. I've gone through most of the trails with only minor touch ups to bumpers/sliders/wheels(And a busted tail light.) Narrow fenders are a must for some of the trails at that park IMO. They have a few trails that take you through rocky creek beds that are barely wider than the Jeep. It's nice to make contact with your tires before damaging a fender. These were taken when I first got my 2012... I ditched the wide bushwacker flares immediately after that trip
DSC_0172.jpg
DSC_0206_zpsa202a8a5.jpg

DSC_0371_zps63a6df1c.jpg

Can you spot the missing piece?? Nothing a little duct tape couldn't fix for the ride home... Tailights for the JK were inexpensive, I'm a little concerned for those with the sensors in the taillights.

Troybilt

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Website
troynemitz.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Sport
Occupation
Highway Dept
I must of watched a different video? No where in the video I watched did any vehicles get destroyed, loose $10,000 in value, or have terrible spotters.

xray

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 JLU Rubicon
I think this vehicle more exposed the need for 35" and a slight lift for a longer wheelbase JLU. A 2 door would have had it easy as a stock rubicon for that trail.

Sponsored

StyleGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GMC YUKON DENALI, 2017 JAGUAR XE, 2014 MASERATI GHIBLI SQ4
Yup, the longer wheelbase and wider track of the JL did him in. I know that's what the Rubicon is built for but there's no way I could cause that much damage to a new vehicle and just not care. Those trails may be a little difficult for a stock Rubicon to expect no damage. I know it's just scratches on a Jeep but I like to keep my vehicles nice.

TTEChris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tankcustoms.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 JTD & 2021 4XE
Vehicle Showcase
Yup, the longer wheelbase and wider track of the JL did him in. I know that's what the Rubicon is built for but there's no way I could cause that much damage to a new vehicle and just not care. Those trails may be a little difficult for a stock Rubicon to expect no damage. I know it's just scratches on a Jeep but I like to keep my vehicles nice.
I'm the guy that always has a spotless Jeep(Don't like keeping it muddy/dirty like some do.) If you would see my Jeeps you would never guess I take them offroad other than maybe some rash on my beadlock rings. With that being said, a lot of what happened to that Jeep can be avoided. Almost all the trails at Hidden falls have "bypasses" for the most difficult parts, although I will try pretty much anything that doesn't purposely damage the body of my Jeep. I've almost always had aftermarket bumpers/sliders when going offroad, but the worst damage I've ever dealt with was a broken tailight and some rash on my bumpers/sliders/wheels. Yes, I touch up the underbody after every offroading trip as its seems inevitable to slide on control arms/skid plate/axle.... I usually use Raptor Liner(Spray on bedliner) on my bumpers/sliders so touching them up only takes a few minutes.
What he did is really not that much damage at all.... Those factory width fenders need to go, then with a small lift and some bigger tires what he did will look easy(Gliding on those skids is inevitable if you want to push the limits of the Jeep.)

sfadchi

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Bright White JLUR
Occupation
Corporate Recruiter
I wheeled my 2015 JKURHR in the rocks will less than 800 miles on it, and I'll be doing the same with my new JLUR! Some people buy theirs to look pretty but I bought mine to use. Kudos to him for getting out there and using it. At least he didn't get his wheel rash on a curb at the mall!
Sponsored