Sponsored

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
Proper assembly on the Mercedes line. Inspect with a light, use your hands to "feel" the surfaces and yes, lube all moving pieces. The pro technician looks engaged and paying attention to details versus the mostly bored, looking around to what others are doing, non-engaged workers I just witnessed. Or maybe the Mercedes tech was just on his best for the vid.

The robots impressed me more.

I'll counter with this offering: Mercedes AMG V8
Well. I guess that explains the reliability issues, and this is with cameras watching.

Imagine when they weren't.

This is the sad reality of today's world, we don't have people who are passionate about their work anymore. And then they'll complain when they hand their job to the robots.
Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
I've never worked in a factory, so every time I see these places the automation blows me away.

It doesn't LOOK like back breaking work anymore, which is honestly great. Repetitive motion might get old.

I'm so used to seeing a v8 get built in videos, the v6 block looked weird. Lol.
Oh sure the robots look cool here, but see how you feel when they become intelligent and take over...have you never seen Terminator???

Seriously, I want to see the video of the robots getting built...by other robots. And those robots getting built...by yet more robots. Is it a giant cycle???

0II392II0

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLURH
Oh sure the robots look cool here, but see how you feel when they become intelligent and take over...have you never seen Terminator???

Seriously, I want to see the video of the robots getting built...by other robots. And those robots getting built...by yet more robots. Is it a giant cycle???
Apparently you haven't seen the Matrix.

Sponsored

Deleted member 53226

Proper assembly on the Mercedes line. Inspect with a light, use your hands to "feel" the surfaces and yes, lube all moving pieces. The pro technician looks engaged and paying attention to details versus the mostly bored, looking around to what others are doing, non-engaged workers I just witnessed. Or maybe the Mercedes tech was just on his best for the vid.

The robots impressed me more.

I'll counter with this offering: Mercedes AMG V8
It is odd, however, that the apparently very attentive and engaged Mercedes workers on average churn out vehicles that have more than their fair share of electrical and mechanical issues.

I would be willing to bet if you took 100 Jeep JL's and 100 Mercedes of any model, you would find the Mercedes have an equal, if not higher instance of mechanical problems, and long term reliability issues than the Jeeps. Plus, it will on average cost for 4 or 5 times the amount in parts and labor to fix the Mercedes. So what's all the concentration and attention to detail for?

Now sure, the Mercedes worker gets their fingers in there and rubs the oil all around things, hand builds some things and gives the dupe, er uh I mean wealthy customer, a product with a nice hand stitched leather interior, extra awesome clear coat on the paint, etc., but its still just a mechanical device full of human and machine error.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Well. I guess that explains the reliability issues, and this is with cameras watching.

Imagine when they weren't.

This is the sad reality of today's world, we don't have people who are passionate about their work anymore. And then they'll complain when they hand their job to the robots.
UAW. They have a stranglehold on the american auto industry. They get paid a great salary, for doing a "Half-Ass" job. Hard to fire them. They like to go on strike, and when they strike, they still get a hefty salary. No real fear to do a good job. That's why the Japanese, and Germans kick our ass in quality control, and quality automotives. But, I do likemy Jeep.
Sponsored