Sponsored

Video of JLUR on Chinaman Gulch

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
I thought he was gonna get stuck for sure on that rock formation 6 minutes in.. crazy.

Shorter wheel base 2 door Rubis are gonna be amazing

U.S. Marine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Kevin, you are a true Jeep Rock Warrior, excellent video that shows the true capabilities of the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU! and your wheeling skills.I can only imagine when the JL hits the trails it will be jumping over those rocks and boulders. Hmm I wonder how well it would do on the tank trails on base.

Sponsored

Jeeptimus Prime

First Name
Bryant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 JKUR
Yup, that’s ours!! No lift needed for 35s. No rubbing. Worked flawlessly. The underbody clearance is my only gripe and since I plan on doing hard trails a lot I ordered a 2.5” lift to keep the underside from hitting all the time but the skids are beefy. This thing is definitely great both on and off road. I’d buy it again 100x over and I also have a land cruiser on 40s
Great video putting a stock JL through its paces! Brave...lol! Safe to assume the sway bar was disconnected??? People are saying 35s work but not with full articulation (sway bars disconnected).

Kevin8086

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Great video putting a stock JL through its paces! Brave...lol! Safe to assume the sway bar was disconnected??? People are saying 35s work but not with full articulation (sway bars disconnected).
Front sway was disconnected per the switch. I was at full articulation multiple times. No rubbing occurred.

Tom k

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep cj5, Jeep Jl Rubicon
Hi! Great video. I have the same Jeep on order. Just wondering. Is that 315/70/17 on stock rims, no spacers, no lift?
Thanks! I like it just the way you have it. Great daily driver and off roadie. Feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions.

Sponsored

JLUfan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 JKU Rubicon
Outstanding video! Did you have any trouble getting the spare tire to fit? Does the carrier seem adequate?

kkuntz01

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon, 2014 Ram 2500 Crew Cab
I sorta want to do this kind of trail crawlin, but guess I'm not quite prepared to scratch and dent the undercarriage bits. Funny too, as I pin striped my LR3 on its first weekend without too much mental anguish!
That’s why you add heavy duty skid plates underneath. Have done that on my last two JK’s to keep the stock skid plate from getting bashed into the gas tank and reducing fuel capacity.

vintage38

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Hats off to you on that one. Thanks for sharing. Hope you don't mind but I'll be replaying your video a few times.

bearcat454

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2500HD, Suzuki Carry
this was super fantastic, great stuff. How was the water temp? The fan seemed to be running full-tilt a few times.
Sponsored