Sponsored

Video of Jeep Factory preparing for Covid-19 Restart.

gentryTX

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
So everyone is wearing masks in the building...ok

A piece of plexiglass sitting on the center of the hood is going to be your saving grace? I mean if I was working on the line and the guy across from we was sneezing/coughing in my face all day long..corona virus or not he would have been punched in the face a long time ago lol

Another example of excessive.

We went from being told the "only" mask worth wearing/that would do anything was a N95 FFP.. When they were not available suddenly the surgical masks the experts claimed were no good for this purpose were just fine. Now a "face covering" that can be anything from a bandanna, a scarf, a old t shirt is all acceptable...

People need to wake up.

On the plus side its great the factories are going to reopen soon. I only waited a little over a month for my JLU to go through production but it felt like eternity. I can only imagine how some of you must feel with orders literally not moving this whole time!
I've been sneezing/coughing through allergy season in Texas. If my coworker tries to punch me in the face for that, I am going to kick him in the head.
Sponsored

Dkretden

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 3.6L
I am very happy to see companies taking an “active“ approach to COVID protection. the solutions here seem unconventional but, if they provide additional levels of separation, that’s a good thing.

Jamrock

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Suzuki
I don't think anyone really knows the best way to go about this. This whole thing is so new and strange. I suspect companies are going to adapt their safety procedures as they learn what works and what doesn't.

I can only guess how many years of experience some of these production workers have. I don't think it is anyone's best interest to lose workers who have so much knowledge.

I've been sneezing/coughing through allergy season in Texas. If my coworker tries to punch me in the face for that, I am going to kick him in the head.
Hmmm... That might take a great deal of flexibility.

Fusilli Jerry

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (2.0T, 8spd)
It's pretty sad that's the way people are going to have to work now. I wonder how much that will increase the cost of a new Jeep.
That, and how is this going to affect quality control. We have all this corona-forced revamping of the assembly process. I foresee corner-cutting (as well as already-admitted cost cutting) and other problems.

I'd be very hesitant about buying ANY vehicle built during the Age of COVID.

rle737ng

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S Mojito!
We are entering a brave new world. My small condo community closed its pool four days into the season. The reason being the attorneys found that our insurance policy had an exclusion for communicable diseases. We would be uncovered if someone got CV and sued claiming they got it at our pool. CV will be around forever, just like SARS, MERS, Ebola. We might as well call the cement trucks, fill in the pool, and plant roses.
Sponsored