First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
Turned out it was a communication error between the trans and shifter module. They took a few hours with it and ended up swapping us out for another one they had so we could make it back to the shop for work tomorrow. We are happy with the results and I would say they went above and beyond to resolve the issue.
Been there (almost same place), done that (Computer went mad while driving) ironically in a white Jk rubicon about a year ago.

I ended up getting rid of the JK because it happened several times after.

Once a computer controlled part (motor, module, etc.) goes bad - the entire Jeep system fails. I think the computer gets the error and keeps at it until either it's fixed or the truck dies. Mine would even kill the battery when parked.

Real issue if you travel and have a family.

My JK fired up after an hour on the ramp off the Pa Turnpike. Kids cried the whole time. Sucked.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
All the more reason for a Manual Transmission. Too many Sensors trying to talk to each other, bound to cause Translation Problems.
Adding further credence to my fear of autonomous cars...

Sponsored

Matt The Hammer

First Name
Fake Name
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JKUR and YJ
Occupation
Engineer
All the more reason for a Manual Transmission. Too many Sensors trying to talk to each other, bound to cause Translation Problems.
My computer issues were related to the sway bar disconnect motor. I think any failure to the jeep will cause a no run issue.

Rowing your own gears is useless when the motor won't run.

Jl4x4jl

First Name
Ricco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camry
Just saw this posted to a FB group. Hope these aren't anything major. Chalk it up to early build woes, I suppose.

"First adventure stuck on the side of the road with our new Jeep JL!"
I would be very angry but have you tried using the actual key to start it ?( i fast forwarded the video didnt see if you tried) Im sure there is an option under the start key where u can insert and turn the key. seems like theft system taking over maybe that would reset it? I donno just trying to blame it on a small glitch. Seeing these scares me about their reliability before i get mine.

Globexradice

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 jk
It was a communication error between the trans and shifter. It ended back up at the dealer and they swapped it out for us for an identical one they had there. Our current one drove all the way back to NJ fine and I've put 580 trouble free miles on it so far.

PavementWarrior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL
Really does not change anything, you still have 50 million computers in a JL

Sponsored

Stuweeks

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
It was our jl. No big deal they took it back. Going to fix it and we will be back on the road. It happens I don't think it's anything that speaks to the overall reliability of the jl. Things break and that's just part of owning something mechanical. The dealer is great to work with and took us right in without question. Took us to lunch and even offered to put us up for the night since we are 6 hours away.
Did they fix the issue or did I read that they exchanged the entire vehicle?

My new JLUR just got towed as well.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/fo...ystem-malfunction-towed-jlur.3739/#post-70198

Smarrtazz

First Name
Trina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lagertha 2018 JLUR Sting Gray ;)