Sponsored

Video: JL Wrangler vs JK Wrangler up sand dunes

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Well Done TLF / Roman, Nice Score !!

I don't think the JKU got stuck, it looks like he dropped or hit something, as you see him get out and check, and get back in, and it's not getting out to see where stuck, (s)he's looking away from the Wrangler.

And to answer the question in the video, IMO, Sounds like the Turbo.

Bearded_Dragon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! Rubicon
Nice video! I wish they would have captured more sounds of the engines. No question the JL will be more capable out of the box than a JK but I was very surprised with the outcome.

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I would like to see in the near future Turn Assist technique and Crawl Control system

Last edited:

Sponsored

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet.

Observation;

Once again it sure looks like that suspension wallows a lot! Might have to firm that up right out of the box.

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
A picture of the same video

Jeep Wrangler JL Video: JL Wrangler vs JK Wrangler up sand dunes {filename}

Last edited:

JimKrrk

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Rubicon
The comments on this video are very misleading and exaggerated. The video claims the engineers raced up the dune and the JKU didn't make it, they were both bouncing off the bumpstops on the whoops and the JKU had it's laptop mount collapse, thus they stopped. We see newbies wreck vehicles daily through those whoops, we find coolers bounced out, front bumper chin spoilers ripped off, etc. The video stated that the JLU was high centered, wrong, they went over the crest of the hill and tried to reverse back to the crest (Which is a big DNR ticket if caught because that hill is directional, one way over the top). When that didn't work they proceeded forward down this dune.

They were at Silver Lake Sand Dunes for two weeks and I watched them for a little while daily while providing Jeep dune tours and in my own vehicles. Air pressure is very important on dunes and stock JKUs with correctly lowered air pressure were doing just as well as the JLUs being tested. The tested JLs even had a few days out there with what appeared to be street pressure, they did poorly just like any other vehicle would with too hard of tires.

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Yes, they are still favoring it, not as some rumors say they gave up.

As for the video, JL Sahara was very good performance at the top of the hill and try to go back .. I did and slowly crawled back in an attempt did not exceed five seconds and this is really dazzling.

As for the sound of the turbo engine, it was only pentastar V6 drive from my point of view

Sponsored

JimKrrk

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 JKU Rubicon
I'm sorry but really not dazzling if you know the hill. Subaru and many other AWD stock vehicles climb it.

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Everyone will climb the hill because the soil has been hit by an earlier rain and is evident on the soil in the video

My previous comment is when you are at the top of the hill in the downhill mode and want to go back and this is different from climbing the hill .

Tseg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JK Rubicon, 2014 GC Limited with a Hemi
The comments on this video are very misleading and exaggerated. The video claims the engineers raced up the dune and the JKU didn't make it, they were both bouncing off the bumpstops on the whoops and the JKU had it's laptop mount collapse, thus they stopped. We see newbies wreck vehicles daily through those whoops, we find coolers bounced out, front bumper chin spoilers ripped off, etc. The video stated that the JLU was high centered, wrong, they went over the crest of the hill and tried to reverse back to the crest (Which is a big DNR ticket if caught because that hill is directional, one way over the top). When that didn't work they proceeded forward down this dune.

They were at Silver Lake Sand Dunes for two weeks and I watched them for a little while daily while providing Jeep dune tours and in my own vehicles. Air pressure is very important on dunes and stock JKUs with correctly lowered air pressure were doing just as well as the JLUs being tested. The tested JLs even had a few days out there with what appeared to be street pressure, they did poorly just like any other vehicle would with too hard of tires.
Don't let facts get in the way of a good story.

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
In addition to what he mentioned about tire pressure
In the desert do not go out to her alone
Do not walk around at night or sandstorm time

In the desert do not depend on what your eyes see only, this may be the reason for your death!

Sponsored