Sponsored

*VIDEO* How to Install Alien Sunshade with Hardtop

Runt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Sahara
Ok so you guys got me sold on this product.. but now is the 2pc shade or the 1pc full body shade better??
That's a matter of opinion. Do you like grape jelly or strawberry???

Personally, I prefer the 2pc for ease of removal of the front one (or back) if it's not too hot outside.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
Ok so you guys got me sold on this product.. but now is the 2pc shade or the 1pc full body shade better??
Like @Runt mentioned, it comes down to personal taste and style.

With the 2-piece shade, you get the option of running the front only, rear only or both so for some people, that's important.

Thanks,
Andrew

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Like @Runt mentioned, it comes down to personal taste and style.

With the 2-piece shade, you get the option of running the front only, rear only or both so for some people, that's important.

Thanks,
Andrew
So are there any functional advantage to either?

OP
OP
AlienSunshade

AlienSunshade

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.aliensunshade.com
So are there any functional advantage to either?
You can still install the hardtop and soft top with either one installed. The only difference is you get slightly more coverage with the 1-piece since there are no gaps on either side of the sound bar since it's 1 continuous piece. We're talking like 5% difference though. Not that much.

retrofitoffroad.jpg
IMG_20190429_084420-01.jpeg

Sponsored

SleepEatJeepRepeat

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 Audi Q7
Occupation
Looking at Jeep stuff all day
Vehicle Showcase
Someone else point out 1pc is slightly better on headroom, I am tall so that is big

lightsout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4xe Rubicon, 2018 Wrangler Sahara JL, Tesla S
Build Thread
Link

I am 6' and with the two piece it sits very low as it is recessed into the opening for me it only leaves about clearance over my head while that does not bother some for me it was a deal breaker and I removed it, whereas the one Piece sits on top so it has more clearance however not a fan of the one piece (that is just me, guess I am picky). if you are taller it (two piece) may be even more of a problem. Great quality i just cannot stand it being so close to my head and periferal vision. The two piece would be great if it cold install on top. Bestop is talking about a retractable screen that would sit on top, which is what I am waiting for. (they currently have it for the JK and JL some time in the future.

I left the rear one in though and just wear a hat

alien-20clearance_zpsjkpik7yv-jpg.jpg
Sponsored