Sponsored

VIDEO: Clicking electromagnetic sound driver door!

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Suddenly there is some kind of “clicking” sound upon open and closing driver side door (Kinda mid-way through opening). Just started. It almost sounds like an electromagnetic pulse. I inplugged door harness because I was convinced it was some type of static electric noise but still there! If I rock the door up and down it doesnt happen so it doesnt feel like its the hinges. It really sounds like some kind of trigger switches or electro-pulse. Video below:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Its this thing. Unscrewed it as if taking door off and moved door back and forth and sound gone. Is that latch an easy swap? Anyone have part #? I assume it bolts on inside of door behind panel.

Jeep Wrangler JL VIDEO: Clicking electromagnetic sound driver door! C9F8065F-86FC-4069-8794-29B3BFF6FAD2

m3reno

First Name
Sal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler JLU
I have the same sound. From what I read it's the door skin delaminating from the structure support. only was is to replace the door. I may take it apart and use very little spray foam

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have the same sound. From what I read it's the door skin delaminating from the structure support. only was is to replace the door. I may take it apart and use very little spray foam
If you concoct a fix that does not involve replacing the door PLEASE PM me!!

OP
OP
Mikeyut3

Mikeyut3

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I have been in a very rainy and humid beach area with the JLU for the last several days and the creaking sounds is basically gone (goes away more each day and would say its 95% gone now). There is obviously some science to this - which is beyond my knowledge but figured id point it out as maybe it helps understand or fashion a fix...
Sponsored