Sponsored

Video: A look at the MOPAR rear cargo mat / seat protectors and how to install them

knower

First Name
Giuseppe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wildbreath.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited JL
Occupation
VFX Artist / Photographer / Cinematographer
Does anybody know if one can order the clips that hold the mat to the seats separately?

Thanks!
G.
Sponsored

psw757

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F-150 Lariat fx4
Installed this today and like the look.

What is the trick to getting the mats to stay plugged into the gap hider grommets?

Mine want to pop out when articulating seat up and down otherwise all is fine.

Any suggestions?

@OUTDOORTREE

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Just installed mine. Wish I would have read this thread first since pulling out that gap hider sucked. Most of my time was spent retrieving the metal clips out of the holes and straightening them out so I could reuse them. It is a little unnerving to cut into brand new carpet on the seat backs. I just made an X cut and pressed the plastic doo-hickeys right in, no trimming with scissors. I actually like this mat and the access to the tie downs. I might look into the trail rail system when it becomes more available.
So this is where I am at and stopped. Do you straighten the metal things up? Or down? they are all blocking the gap filler from going back in.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
y'all are going to think I'm crazy I wanted the cargo mat in the back but I don't care about it being on the back of the seats. Quadratec had it for like had it for Mike 109: 8 I got a good deal. I cut the piece off that goes up on the back of the seats I just didn't like the way it looks on the seat and didn't want to fool with it. even my wife and daughter said that he like it either so I just cut it off with a razor blade and just use the floor peice. I think it looks great. Were all happy with the way it looks

Sponsored

Joe Paul

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
y'all are going to think I'm crazy I wanted the cargo mat in the back but I don't care about it being on the back of the seats. Quadratec had it for like had it for Mike 109: 8 I got a good deal. I cut the piece off that goes up on the back of the seats I just didn't like the way it looks on the seat and didn't want to fool with it. even my wife and daughter said that he like it either so I just cut it off with a razor blade and just use the floor peice. I think it looks great. Were all happy with the way it looks
Those extra covers for the back come in handy when you fold the seats down and haul items; don't toss them.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
I will do it that way if I have something for sure but I don't ever put my dog wet in the back like some said they do. I got the leather seat I just did like the way it looked when you open the back door but I'll keep those extra pieces in case. Dirty dog makes that big cover that goes back there and covers everything even the sides.if the dog is wet or something. Be nice though to a have a zero deductible on anything that breaks and it's only $0 deductible

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So this is where I am at and stopped. Do you straighten the metal things up? Or down? they are all blocking the gap filler from going back in.
I don't remember exactly, but I think it's down so that the plastic tab is gripped and held from coming out. I just know it sucked and they are sharp, LOL.

sleepnclass

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
Don’t remove this piece if you buy this set.

D759AC20-28CF-456F-991E-51D327C674ED.jpeg

sleepnclass

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 JKU Rubicon Recon
I can’t even get it to go back on now because the clips are in the damn metal.

Sponsored

Killians42

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara JL

What is the trick to getting the mats to stay plugged into the gap hider grommets?

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions?
I’m having the same issue. Everytime I lower the seats the grommets pop out of the gap hider. When I put the seats back up, they pop out again. Have you figured out a solution to this? Thanks! Nick

furrandchalk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
I’m having the same issue. Everytime I lower the seats the grommets pop out of the gap hider. When I put the seats back up, they pop out again. Have you figured out a solution to this? Thanks! Nick
Any luck fixing it? Someone on YouTube had the same problem. I was about to order a set, but want to make sure it’s either uncommon or can be fixed.

@psw757
Sponsored