Ahmed

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
I think it's about improving aerodynamics and air resistance without much effort, and this is reflected in the performance of the engine in maintaining its efficiency in slow speed or when standing or high speed for long distances, and the latter help to improve fuel consumption. The first is to maintain engine efficiency.

(Greater effort means more fuel consumption and higher noise) is not water related.

In the old school it was about engine efficiency, "cooling".
Sponsored

Last edited:

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
My only concern is will these vents affect water fording depth?
I was thinking it might affect the bow wave effect, but with the air intake being up front ahead of existing engine bay gaps, and the radiator offers a barrier to water for the engine bay that won't be greatly deminished by venting, it likely wouldn't do much to affect the water characteristics overall other than resistance in the fenders... which currently might help raise the front/hood when surging forward, but other than that I can't see it being a significant change.

If the venting were to change it in the engine bay , the current hood vents of the HR would probably experience that already.

Billy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1997 TJ, 2022 JTRD
Vehicle Showcase
I think those vent shapes are more form than function...

Shumx2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram Rebel
It's not a muscle car that needs to have fake scoops everywhere to look fast. Given the location of the vent and that Jeep engineers have to always account for water submersion/mud/dirt I doubt they would make such a change without having real benefits.

More and more Jeeps are used for commuting and highway/high speed driving where wind resistance does its most damage. I think we will be hearing about how the vent helps with that.

OP
OP
Ahmed

Ahmed

First Name
Quraysh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
This is what I expect and wish for in the new JL, Slots important to perfection.

Jeep Wrangler JL Video: 2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara {filename}

(You have added one to the image)

1- Aerodynamics (reducing fuel consumption on long roads and reducing noise level).
2. Engine efficiency (nappy on engine efficiency at medium or slow speeds or when standing "cooling").

For mud and dirt, they are removed with water when driving off-road.
Do not worry, companies have done it since the 1950s, and still do it :)

You will find many useful experiences on youtube
Sponsored