Vibration Help

Crawl Away

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - 1998 TJ Sport
I have a 2019 JLUR 2.0l with 23,000 miles. It is stock except for 2.5 Clayton lift, 37” KM3 tires, 1.75” wheel spacers, Fox 2.0 IFP shocks and stabilizer, front bumper and winch and Cav Fab tire carrier/license plate relocation bracket.

I have been experiencing a weird vibration or resonance at low speed that can be felt and heard as a drone as the vibrations transfer through the hardtop. It happens between approximately 2 mph and 15 mph whether coasting, accelerating or decelerating. No vibration while stopped or from 15-90 mph. I cannot figure out where the vibration is. I didn’t feel it when accelerating/decelerating either with the rear lifted off the ground using jack stands

I don’t think it is the engine and it happens/doesn’t change when the transmission has been shifted to neutral. Shift to 4WH doesn’t seem to make a change. I’ve re-torqued the wheel spacers and wheels. The rear driveshaft appears tight without damage or wear signs.

Has anyone experienced this? Any thoughts or tips.
Sponsored

Jnowe413

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited Ecodiesel
Occupation
U.S. Navy
Did you ever find out what the issue was? I just had 37s put on mine today and notice a vibration from 10-20ish mph and then after 20ish it magically disapears and under 10 it also magically disapears. very strange. definately feels like it is coming from the front wheels. maybe the shop I went to for mount and balance werent all they were cracked up to be.....

garykk

First Name
Gary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURD
Occupation
Retired
I had a weird vibration at about 20 mph on y 2018 Recon. Turned out to be the front tires. The KO2s had not been rotated at the usual 2500 miles due to towing the Jeep in Alaska. Rotated the tires and vibration was gone.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Classic description of tire rumble from tread blocks on MT tires. AT tires will do it sometimes as well if unevenly worn.

PS am I the only one that finds this funny?

“It is stock except for 2.5 Clayton lift, 37” KM3 tires, 1.75” wheel spacers, Fox 2.0 IFP shocks and stabilizer, front bumper and winch and Cav Fab tire carrier/license plate relocation bracket.”

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Classic description of tire rumble from tread blocks on MT tires. AT tires will do it sometimes as well if unevenly worn.

PS am I the only one that finds this funny?

“It is stock except for 2.5 Clayton lift, 37” KM3 tires, 1.75” wheel spacers, Fox 2.0 IFP shocks and stabilizer, front bumper and winch and Cav Fab tire carrier/license plate relocation bracket.”
Lol, first thing I saw. Uhhhh, that's not stock.......

Sponsored

OBD

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jl Wrangler ,2016Soul,Dyna,Sportster,HD
Sounds like tire rumble to me. Hell, my stock 2021 Willys does it with the BFG Mud tires it came with, and it only has 800 miles on it.

OP
OP
Crawl Away

Crawl Away

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited - 1998 TJ Sport
The vibration was the result of tire cupping.