Sponsored

Vibration (audio) from dash tray

BaconIsAFruit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Is anyone else experiencing vibration from the dash tray by the windshield? My JLUR with leather has a very noticeable vibration, particularly with radio dj mumbling/low voices. It sounds akin to the "wa wah wah wa wa" from Peanuts teachers talking. It is also amplified in acoustic style music. I don't really notice it while in motion, but it's very noticeable when motionless. It may not be exactly the dash tray because pressing on it with my hand doesn't seem to change anything.
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
What are your equalizer settings for bass? A lot of times when bass is turned way too high (which a lot of people do) this can happen. If bass is turned up high and you lower it do you notice a difference?

Jlo_1212

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Jl Sahara
Occupation
Forensic Engineer
Is anyone else experiencing vibration from the dash tray by the windshield? My JLUR with leather has a very noticeable vibration, particularly with radio dj mumbling/low voices. It sounds akin to the "wa wah wah wa wa" from Peanuts teachers talking. It is also amplified in acoustic style music. I don't really notice it while in motion, but it's very noticeable when motionless. It may not be exactly the dash tray because pressing on it with my hand doesn't seem to change anything.
I’m having this same issue mainly when listening to my morning talk shows in the morning traffic. Did you figure out what the issue is? I’ve got a couple other issues with my new JL so I’m going to mention the peanuts teacher in my dashboard/steering column to the service people.

Zoobie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
If I crank up a Metallica I get a lot of vibration / distortion sounds in the dash under the drivers side wheel... that's the only problem I am having so far

jman

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A van and a boring car
I have the exact same thing. I'm opening a case with FCA. I hope everyone else with the issue does too.
Sponsored