Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
gibsonleatherworks.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
Occupation
Technical Training Manager Mercedes-Benz USA LLC and owner of Gibson Leatherworks
I have been in the auto service industry for almost 35 years. Several years at a Ford dealer and almost 30 with 2 different OEMs. I am amazed at the number of dealers that do not realize that the customer experience should be their #1 focus. No one wants to bring their vehicle in for service, so dealers have to go above and beyond to take the customers problem away from them and make it their own … they just don't get it. Sales may sell you the first car, but parts & service will sell the rest of them. They are too focused on the service dept. being a production environment and managing from the bottom of a spreadsheet.
Sponsored

#1 for me

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Bright white loaded ordered 9/18 Corvette, z28 Camaro, Mustang GT, Chev z71, GMC Canyon, Yamaha YXZ 1000rss, Yamaha 660 Raptor
Occupation
UAW GM Corvette Assembly Plant QC .
So I just have the dealer that let my new Sahara get soaked last year, another chance yesterday with my Gladiator....asked them to check the ESS warning light on dash and an oil change. Had an appt for 9AM.....didn’t hear back from them all day, so I show up at 5:00 and they forgot about warning light. No apology, just “we forgot”... that’s it for me, I don’t give third chances. Onto the next dealer.
That's way I am with anything 2 strikes I'm done no chance for a third time bending me over !