Sponsored

Very poor service at Jeep dealership

Rubicon_LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Took my first JLUR first time for maintenance and some little things this past Saturday. After owning a number of BMWs for the past 12 years, the main thing I miss switching to Jeep is definitely level of service. Any time I brought my bimmers for even a simple maintenance service I was provided a loaner (if requested prior) or in a worst case they always provided a rental, and of course my car always got washed after the service. Not the case with a Jeep. Even though I specified a rental option when scheduled the service (Jeep has no option for a loaner) when dropped my car, the service advisor said they only provide rentals for BIG warranty jobs that take more than a few days. That's ok, I could live with that since I was offered a free Lyft service to home and then back when the car is ready.
The worst part was the service itself. I told my service advisor that besides regular oil change I wanted to address a couple minor issues that (as I found out on this board) are not uncommon. One is intermittent dashboard lights of start/stop and traction control in heavy traffic, the other issue - poor soldered rear window defrost sensor that fell off. The guy looked like he never heard of any issues with Jeeps at all, but went to look at the sensor and assured me that he will consult with technicians and will then call me and let me know what they can do. Then the only call I got was at the end of the day, about an hour before service dept gets closed that my car is ready and Lyft service is on its way to drive me back to the dealership.
Upon arrival to pick up my Jeep i check the papers and all that was done for the entire day was just an oil change and tire rotation.
When I asked my service advisor about the other two issues, he pretended it's the first time he hears about it, and asked me to show him again what are the issues. He goes with me to the car to look at fallen sensor for a second time, makes a face like he never saw it before and this time takes a pic of it on his phone. Then he leaves me for another 30 min to wait while he went to talk to the only one technician left by that time. He comes back telling me that I need to come another time for services like that (of course, it's the end of the day already). I tried to explain that i start working at 6am every morning and can't bring the car any morning on weekdays, so I will need to schedule for whenever next Saturday appointment is available, and he makes me waste my another Saturday just because HE FORGOT what I asked him as a service advisor to address to the techs. His answer to this is even better - "Well, we can't take care of such an issues any day from Thursday to Saturday. We can only take care of something like this Monday - Wednesday, so you need to schedule only Monday-Wednesday anyway"
Does it make any sense? Not sure.
Does it make me want to get another Jeep in a future and deal with things like this again? I really doubt it.
Sponsored

Alpha Delta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU
Ouch. Sounds like you had an incompetent service advisor. Do you have another dealership near you?

Also, what do you mean by the ‘traction control in heavy traffic’ issue?

Tacoman03

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JLUR Recon 2022 Bronco Raptor
Vehicle Showcase
Opposite Experience for us! Every Jeep Dealer I've used in the past 2 years goes overboard on Great Service(and follow through too!) vs every time in the last 8 years of Land Rover Vehicle Service, i get looked at and treated like a 2nd class citizen(if my wife didn't Love LR and RR products so much, we'd left that brand years ago).....Irony!

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
No problems with my local dealership. They always treat me nicely and are willing to assist me. Not all dealers are equal. Good luck. :like:

pablo_max3045

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon
Occupation
Engineering project manager
Took my first JLUR first time for maintenance and some little things this past Saturday. After owning a number of BMWs for the past 12 years, the main thing I miss switching to Jeep is definitely level of service. Any time I brought my bimmers for even a simple maintenance service I was provided a loaner (if requested prior) or in a worst case they always provided a rental, and of course my car always got washed after the service. Not the case with a Jeep. Even though I specified a rental option when scheduled the service (Jeep has no option for a loaner) when dropped my car, the service advisor said they only provide rentals for BIG warranty jobs that take more than a few days. That's ok, I could live with that since I was offered a free Lyft service to home and then back when the car is ready.
The worst part was the service itself. I told my service advisor that besides regular oil change I wanted to address a couple minor issues that (as I found out on this board) are not uncommon. One is intermittent dashboard lights of start/stop and traction control in heavy traffic, the other issue - poor soldered rear window defrost sensor that fell off. The guy looked like he never heard of any issues with Jeeps at all, but went to look at the sensor and assured me that he will consult with technicians and will then call me and let me know what they can do. Then the only call I got was at the end of the day, about an hour before service dept gets closed that my car is ready and Lyft service is on its way to drive me back to the dealership.
Upon arrival to pick up my Jeep i check the papers and all that was done for the entire day was just an oil change and tire rotation.
When I asked my service advisor about the other two issues, he pretended it's the first time he hears about it, and asked me to show him again what are the issues. He goes with me to the car to look at fallen sensor for a second time, makes a face like he never saw it before and this time takes a pic of it on his phone. Then he leaves me for another 30 min to wait while he went to talk to the only one technician left by that time. He comes back telling me that I need to come another time for services like that (of course, it's the end of the day already). I tried to explain that i start working at 6am every morning and can't bring the car any morning on weekdays, so I will need to schedule for whenever next Saturday appointment is available, and he makes me waste my another Saturday just because HE FORGOT what I asked him as a service advisor to address to the techs. His answer to this is even better - "Well, we can't take care of such an issues any day from Thursday to Saturday. We can only take care of something like this Monday - Wednesday, so you need to schedule only Monday-Wednesday anyway"
Does it make any sense? Not sure.
Does it make me want to get another Jeep in a future and deal with things like this again? I really doubt it.
Good luck. I always drove down to San Clemente for service as most of the other dealers were total crap and dishonest. Funny enough, for sales, I would never use SC, but their service department was really good.

Sponsored

COSJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 WK2, 2019 JLR?
Sometimes it depends on the service guy you are dealing with. I had a minor issue that needed to be fixed, was supposed to be a one day event. They had the Jeep for 4 full days(I had to take it in twice) because they got the wrong part shipped to them TWICE! Atleast the guy offered an enterprise rental after the second wrong part. But my experience with this dealership has been pretty good for the last three years. Sales person was excellent, it is the service department that is hit or miss

beachbumm78

First Name
Kristy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 bikini blue Rubicon
Occupation
Athletic trainer & Massage therapist
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. That’s horrible and so frustrating. Is there another dealer you can visit next time? Not at Jeep, but I had a service dept that’d take forever to do things if I just left it. I ended up bringing in my work and sitting in the waiting room for the duration. I’d check back at the time they quoted me for the job. And if not ready every 10 min later. Very rarely did they ever go over their estimated time once I did that.

OP
OP
Rubicon_LA

Rubicon_LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Ouch. Sounds like you had an incompetent service advisor. Do you have another dealership near you?

Also, what do you mean by the ‘traction control in heavy traffic’ issue?
I have a closer dealership, but I just took the vehicle to the same that I bought it from, thought they will treat me better.

sometimes when in heavy stop and go traffic, the traction control light and start/stop light come up and stay until you shut the car down and power it on again. The car continues to operate normally though, just start/stop feature turns off. Must be a software issue that should be resolved by flashing it, but looks like Jeep still has no resolution or software update for this yet.

OP
OP
Rubicon_LA

Rubicon_LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Wow. That’s horrible and so frustrating. Is there another dealer you can visit next time? Not at Jeep, but I had a service dept that’d take forever to do things if I just left it. I ended up bringing in my work and sitting in the waiting room for the duration. I’d check back at the time they quoted me for the job. And if not ready every 10 min later. Very rarely did they ever go over their estimated time once I did that.
Yes, I have a closer dealership, it's just not the one where I bought my Jeep. I might just do what you did - stay there and wait and monitor what they are doing. Have no trust in Jeep service any more.

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I have a closer dealership, but I just took the vehicle to the same that I bought it from, thought they will treat me better.

sometimes when in heavy stop and go traffic, the traction control light and start/stop light come up and stay until you shut the car down and power it on again. The car continues to operate normally though, just start/stop feature turns off. Must be a software issue that should be resolved by flashing it, but looks like Jeep still has no resolution or software update for this yet.
My ESS light would come on at long stops. It would reset when turned off. Mine turned out to be a loose wire.

Sponsored

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Yes, I have a closer dealership, it's just not the one where I bought my Jeep. I might just do what you did - stay there and wait and monitor what they are doing. Have no trust in Jeep service any more.
Guess I've had good luck. Fifty years owning 27 new vehicles and never had a bad experience with dealer service. Something I always do is get familiar with the people I need. At my new Jeep dealer when I ordered it I went back and met with the service advisors, talked with them, 2 of them had Wranglers as did the sales manager. They know my name, they comment on the items I've added, they give full explanations and voluntarily do extra things if they find them. I also visit the fire station that responds to my address and talk with the crew so that they know me. Same with police. I visit with the postal carrier and instead of having to walk two blocks to my box she'll drop off my mail at my home if she has a package delivery on my block. People that provide service to you will be more helpful if you show some courtesy to them.

OP
OP
Rubicon_LA

Rubicon_LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
My ESS light would come on at long stops. It would reset when turned off. Mine turned out to be a loose wire.
I came across one thread on this board that describes the exact problem I have, but I don't remember if there was any resolution to it yet.

OP
OP
Rubicon_LA

Rubicon_LA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Guess I've had good luck. Fifty years owning 27 new vehicles and never had a bad experience with dealer service. Something I always do is get familiar with the people I need. At my new Jeep dealer when I ordered it I went back and met with the service advisors, talked with them, 2 of them had Wranglers as did the sales manager. They know my name, they comment on the items I've added, they give full explanations and voluntarily do extra things if they find them. I also visit the fire station that responds to my address and talk with the crew so that they know me. Same with police. I visit with the postal carrier and instead of having to walk two blocks to my box she'll drop off my mail at my home if she has a package delivery on my block. People that provide service to you will be more helpful if you show some courtesy to them.
Trust me, I always show courtesy to all people I deal with, including the dealership. I might not be as sociable as you are (not my nature :)), but I'm never rude, and always show people the respect.

nerubi

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR, 2020 VW Tiguan
Occupation
Retired
Vehicle Showcase
Trust me, I always show courtesy to all people I deal with, including the dealership. I might not be as sociable as you are (not my nature :)), but I'm never rude, and always show people the respect.
I think one of the posters said she was going to take donuts or cookies into the service department to improve relations.

Rudolph Hart

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR GME Mojito!
Occupation
Semi retired
Opposite Experience for us! Every Jeep Dealer I've used in the past 2 years goes overboard on Great Service(and follow through too!) vs every time in the last 8 years of Land Rover Vehicle Service, i get looked at and treated like a 2nd class citizen(if my wife didn't Love LR and RR products so much, we'd left that brand years ago).....Irony!
Interesting to hear that Jaguar Land Rover are exporting their appalling service.

Here in the UK they’re busy blaming falling sales and lack of profit on Brexit or falling sales in China or Dieselgate......Anything other than their overpriced, underdeveloped, unreliable products or their dreadfully arrogant dealerships.
Sponsored