Sponsored

Very noisy clanking from transfer case gear slop?

Wiz Ozzie

First Name
Omat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Jeep is at the dealership for the 14th day. Apparently waiting for the manufacturer to approve a Transfer Case replacement.

Any updates regarding your jeep? Mine is making the exact same noise. 2021 wrangler jl willys 8speed auto. I just bought thr car recently so feel a bit concerned by this...

Wiz Ozzie

First Name
Omat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL

Panda Mafia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
Yep, got the noice as well. Especially going from P to D. Heavy gun shot. Kinda got used to it.

Sponsored

Wiz Ozzie

First Name
Omat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
Yep, got the noice as well. Especially going from P to D. Heavy gun shot. Kinda got used to it.
What year is your jeep and what's the mileage.

Mine is a 2021 with 21k miles currently. Hoping I can just "ignore" the sound and still get many more miles out of it..

Panda Mafia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR 4xe
What year is your jeep and what's the mileage.

Mine is a 2021 with 21k miles currently. Hoping I can just "ignore" the sound and still get many more miles out of it..
2022, about 26k km.
Ive been hearing it for a while now. Least ten thousand km. It's only when I put it to R or D and happens only ones. Ex reversing out of the parking lot: put it into R and clunk , then put it into D and no sound, silent. I can also drive and use gears ago and there will be no sound. It's only when jeep sits for sometimes.
If I'm parked backwards in my garage and I have to get out. Start the car, put it into Drive and again clunk.. I also don't think it happens every time. 50% of the time id guess. Again im so used to it by now.

From the sound and the feel of it. it's like I don't press the break hard enough and the jeep is on the slope, then I put it into gear its being forced to go into it. Heh may be I got something else completely
Sponsored