Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Occupation
Paralegal
Ok..so the dealer said
15687690140413737686360518432982.jpg
that the excessive fan noise is from the radiator fan and not ac fan and that this is normal...next time it happens I will pull over and open the hood and look to see exactly where noise is coming from...if possible.
Hmmm, well that's just weird. I had the TSB update done months ago (I have a 2018 April build), and it made a huge difference as far as fan noise. Mine does not sound like a jet engine anymore. I'm sorry you're having the issue with not very much assistance to get it corrected. I agree with you that I would try to locate the fan noise specifically and take a video, then take it back into the dealership. Good luck!

Katej1213

First Name
Kate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 3.6L
Occupation
Paralegal
The updated flash 0n my January 2019 build did not make a difference. The stealership even told me not to expect any change. Maybe the 19's are bit better than the 18's but that would not be saying much. But on another note they added 6QTS of oil to my jeep after I left a sticky note on the steering wheel "5 QTS ONLY" :(
That's definitely strange. I have a April 2018 build and have no trouble with the fan noise now. It still comes on when necessary, but is not nearly as loud. Fortunately, my dealership got the 5 quarts right when I took it in, but I always worry because every time my oil has been changed (even by me), the oil level always looks really high on my dipstick. Not sure why. I am going in tomorrow for an oil change/tire rotation (I still have free ones left), and I am planing on asking about the dipstick. My paperwork always shows 5 quarts though, and I drained it once to check it, and it was only 5... so idk.

jmcdtucson

First Name
Jerel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Ok..so the dealer said
15687690140413737686360518432982.jpg
that the excessive fan noise is from the radiator fan and not ac fan and that this is normal...next time it happens I will pull over and open the hood and look to see exactly where noise is coming from...if possible.
Just tell them it's the blower fan too. Tell them whatever it takes to get the TSB done.
The TSB seems to be inaccurate. It affected both the blower fan and the cooler fan when they flashed mine. Both are MUCH better and my ears are happier.
Sponsored