Sponsored

Very disappointing news from my build status

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
They also told me that I've progressed from D to D1 (we have your parts and sequenced for production), which was good news for me -- and totally unexpected -- but I do feel bad for those of you that haven't progressed yet as I placed my order on 7/19.
Found you on the 4th thread on this ;) - and yes - my jeep chat this morning said -

The Jeep is in the production stage with all parts gathered and it's waiting to move into the build process. At this time we do not have an estimate for when the build will begin. The Wrangler plant is currently closed and should be reopening after August 9th
My question is on the status they gave you as it was the same as mine. I thought that D1 was:

- gateline: unit sequenced for production, est ship date assigned

So what you got and what they told me - all parts gathered waiting to move into production and no estimate of build date - sounds a little different. Kind of in between D and D1. Maybe due to the plant being shut for a while?
Sponsored

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Found you on the 4th thread on this ;) - and yes - my jeep chat this morning said -

My question is on the status they gave you as it was the same as mine. I thought that D1 was:

- gateline: unit sequenced for production, est ship date assigned

So what you got and what they told me - all parts gathered waiting to move into production and no estimate of build date - sounds a little different. Kind of in between D and D1. Maybe due to the plant being shut for a while?
Good question. I've had Jeep Chat refuse to give me a date, for what it's worth. They've told me to contact the dealer for that in the past. My guess is that it's D1 and you're bumping up against them just not sharing a date (or more likely - not having it available to them in their tooling to actually share). Note that this is my second JL; I was never given a date from Jeep Chat for the first one either.

Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door

BobT

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Shaker, 2013 Dart
Jeeze, my dealership has 2 Gladiator and no Wrangler models for 3 weeks.
Tons of other Jeeps though.

au1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4xe, BMW X1
Occupation
Chickens
I hope I get a build date soon. My Land Cruiser needs brakes and tires which obviously I am resisting doing. If I get a date into November, I’ll have to fo brakes at least.

Sponsored

zdr

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon V6 6-Speed Manual
Ordered a Rubicon build on 7/10.
(Sting Grey, 6-speed manual, remote keyless entry, tow, LED, 3pc hardtop)
I just spoke with Jeep Chat an hour ago and was told all of the materials needed to start the build process have been received and should be entering the build process very soon.
When I asked for a build code I was told that the status code would no longer be provided with the order.

Last edited:

fuzzywuzzy

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ram 3500
So I was just informed through a jeep representative on jeep chat that my special order Rubicon that I placed 7-15, won't be ready for shipment until January2022!! I am disgusted that my dealer assured me I will have my new jeep by October 1. They even said I could get it as early as 4 weeks. I said great!, here's my deposit and placed the order. If I knew it was a 5-6 month wait, I would have just waited until January or February and ordered a 2022 for the spring and summer. I want to call dealer and say cancel my order, deals off and I want my deposit back. What would you guys do?....my build was just a bare bones stock Rubicon, no gorilla glass, etc . not sure why it takes 6 months to build a 2 Dr manual soft top Rubicon...... Im wicked bummed out guys.....
We factory ordered our JLUR Jan 2 2021 and yes
.still waiting and yes
and ton of “oh waiting for manual transmission” and “oh cold weather group delayed” and the list of excuses goes on. We then got news “it’s shipping July 2nd” to “sorry it’s not finished, schedule to be built last weeks of august. Looks like we made an error”. We have no idea what ls going on and the constant shoulder shrugs. Only reason we haven’t canceled is “well we’ve waited this long what’s another month??”and also this is our first wrangler. But wow summers almost over!!!

au1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4xe, BMW X1
Occupation
Chickens
Just checked this morning and still in the ‘gathering parts’ status. Emailed the dealer. Maybe they will get a better update.

Ordered 6/28. 4xe Sahara, no crazy options or colors.

rlong69

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Occupation
Industrial Automation Consultant
Ordered a JLUR 6-Spd, Dual Top, Cold Weather, Tow on 7-2 still "gathering parts" no schedule.

tts42572

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
Agree. I'd be cancelling the order and waiting to get a 2022.

Either that, or search some dealers around the Country to see if they have any 2021's they're looking to move.

So tired of this COVID garbage disrupting supply chains and raising prices. Even if it isn't the direct reason in your case, I'm sure it plays a part somewhere in the process.

October.

2021 Jeep Wrangler FINAL ORDERS DUE: 8/4/21
2022 Jeep Wrangler ORDER BANKS OPEN: 10/5/21
2022 Jeep Wrangler PRODUCTION START: 12/6/21

Agreed with other folks that I would cancel and just place the order in October so he gets a '22.
Sponsored