Sponsored

Very disappointing news from my build status

BH6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys, 2010 JKU (Sold)
A bunch of Canadian builds have finally started to a get built…. Maybe yours are taking longer because the factory found all our orders we’ve been waiting on for 4-8 months or more and realized they better build them so we don’t attack Toledo with dog sleds and poutine. :rock::beer:🇨🇦
Sponsored

Litfury

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On order: 2022 Rubicon XR Hydro Blue
I ordered 6/28. Haven’t gotten an email. Jeep chat still says scheduling phase. Rubicon 4XE ordered.

utjmac

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JL Unlimited 392
I was worried after seeing this thread, ordered early July and no movement. Just got a message today that it’s moving into d1 with a mid August ship date. There is hope, that’s all we’ve got!

my opinion, jumping out of line will only either make your pricing go up, or your delivery date move out. You can always look for another Jeep, but don’t pull your order unless you’ve got a vehicle in hand. My thoughts!

Omon53

First Name
Lenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Unlimited 21
Order jl 21 on 7/16. Received today from Jeep delivery day 10/16. SportS with 22S package.

millerjl

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I got “the email.”

I ordered a heavily optioned 2 dr Rubi 2.0T (including GG) on 6/30.

Expected delivery to dealer in So Cal is 9/30.

In other news I am thinking the gov will call for another complete shut down in Aug due to the “delta variant.” Im expecting my 9/30 date to get pushed well into Oct.
I ordered 6/8 in SoCal and did not get an email. Still in “D” status. Hope that means I can expect mine before 9/30. Trying to be hopeful.

Sponsored

alksion

First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
I was told my unit was being built this week and ship date of 8-3. This week went by and nothing. I am hoping since I have been in D1 for a month and was told it was going to be built this week that I’ll get it by the first week of September. Keep in mind the order I snagged is from November 2020.

Last edited:

HellaRubi

First Name
Sher or Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Hellayella; F87 M2C; E90 M3
I ordered JLUR on 6/17. Haven’t gotten the email either (hopefully it means I could get it sometime in Aug). Jeep chat said parts gathered last week, and dealer confirmed D1, however yesterday JC reversed back to scheduling status. I’ve read it happened to some people here. Finger crossed that it will move back to D1 soon again! Or hoping JC did not give me the correct info.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
…. If you get an email , youre moving but delayed. If you dont get an email, youre either not moving, or moving as best you can.

huh…

NFWman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grand Cherokee LTD, 2021 JL Rubicon
I got “the email” last night….
Ordered June 7th
Now my expected delivery (as per “the email”) says Oct 19th.
Also, I was just on with Jeep Chat and they confirmed the Wrangler factory will be closing, temporarily, this week:

0953E1BC-7318-4F02-A855-F39A9662E292.jpeg

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I got “the email” last night….
Ordered June 7th
Now my expected delivery (as per “the email”) says Oct 19th.
Also, I was just on with Jeep Chat and they confirmed the Wrangler factory will be closing, temporarily, this week:

Jeep Wrangler JL Very disappointing news from my build status 0953E1BC-7318-4F02-A855-F39A9662E292
I asked explicitly this yesterday and they told me it wasn't, but the Gladiator line at the Toledo plant would be closed the week of 8/2. It sometimes feels like they're all working off of Magic 8-Balls there at the Jeep Chat Center.

I don't really believe them either way honestly. I've got to think that a week long unscheduled shutdown of the Wrangler plant would be newsworthy in the Toledo area (as it was for the Gladiator) due to the impact/concern on regional employment.

Sponsored

X-Treme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon Xtreme Recon
Occupation
Happily Retired
I just received this email from [email protected] for the loaded JLU Rubicon I ordered on 7/3. WTF!!!!

Thank you for your recent order of a 2021 Jeep! We are excited to welcome you to the Jeep family!
The purpose of this email is to provide you the estimated delivery date of your Wrangler.
Based on our most recent information, your vehicle is to arrive at CENTRAL CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM OF RAYNHAM the week of 11/9/2021.
That is exactly when mine is due to be delivered and i ordered mine the same week as you.

drichard989

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08KK, 21JLU
Occupation
Sales Engineer
I got this same email for an october 14 deliver, however I just contacted jeep chat and now im in D1. And the dealer told me that it will ship end of august. Starting to think it was just a temper expectations email

mcjeff

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Seeing all of these emails, I poked Jeep to ask if I could sign up for them because It would be really awesome to get an email. The representative noted that I can't just sign up for them, but emails may be sent from the order tracking team if orders are behind. So it looks like that's what's happening. I had hoped they had some service where they'd just keep me updated now. No such luck.

She also said the plant would be closed down. I asked whether both Wranglers and Gladiators would be stopped, the agent told me that they're both at the Toledo assembly complex and the plant (as in singular) would be down the week of Aug 2nd. That's contradictory to the "only Gladiators will be impacted" bits in the press releases, so it seems to me that there's some confusion over at the "Jeep Center of Chatting Excellence" and they're assuming it's an all-or-nothing shutdown. I'm going to trust the press releases in this case as shutting the whole thing down for an unexpected week would probably be newsworthy in the Toledo area due to the impact/concern on employment.

They also told me that I've progressed from D to D1 (we have your parts and sequenced for production), which was good news for me -- and totally unexpected -- but I do feel bad for those of you that haven't progressed yet as I placed my order on 7/19.

Or course that could mean that it's been sequenced for production in.... October.

Last edited:

WrekEE

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Raptor, 21 JLUR Rubicon 4xe (ordered 5/24)
I didn't get an email but confirmed from dealer that it will ship 8/11.

Ordered: 5/24
Built: 7/23

JLUR 4xe with GG

NFWman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Grand Cherokee LTD, 2021 JL Rubicon
I asked explicitly this yesterday and they told me it wasn't, but the Gladiator line at the Toledo plant would be closed the week of 8/2. It sometimes feels like they're all working off of Magic 8-Balls there at the Jeep Chat Center.

I don't really believe them either way honestly. I've got to think that a week long unscheduled shutdown of the Wrangler plant would be newsworthy in the Toledo area (as it was for the Gladiator) due to the impact/concern on regional employment.
Haha!!! Yes, I think maybe you’re right! Jeep Chat just received a new shipment of Magic 8-balls and they’re having fun testing them out! 🤪
Sponsored