First Name
Josiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 392, 21 Sahara Altitude
Occupation
Biz Owner
There might not even be any 2022 built period with all the talk on the news about the delta strain of covid. Im predicting another serious shutdown. ......no jeeps for anybody
I understand. Just want to throw out an encouragement. I got down in the dumps the first round of lock downs. Really hit a slump for two months but bounced back better than ever after that.

I will keep assuming things will improve. I don’t know where anything currently stands. I don’t watch or read the news. It’s all poisonous, feeding people super size doeses of fear and impending doom every opportunity they have.

I am confident this storm will pass and brighter days are ahead. Cheers mate!
Sponsored

RDakota

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLURD
I just received this email from [email protected] for the loaded JLU Rubicon I ordered on 7/3. WTF!!!!

Thank you for your recent order of a 2021 Jeep! We are excited to welcome you to the Jeep family!
The purpose of this email is to provide you the estimated delivery date of your Wrangler.
Based on our most recent information, your vehicle is to arrive at CENTRAL CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM OF RAYNHAM the week of 11/9/2021.
I got the same email this afternoon. Except my date is 10/26. Ordered 7/7.

mdkautzman

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator
Ordered a Sport S on 7/1. Jeep Customer Care just emailed saying the expected delivery date I'd 11/17.

SurfMacJpMtb

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Jp JLU Rubi, 17 Jp GC WK2 Quadra-Drive II
So I was just informed through a jeep representative on jeep chat that my special order Rubicon that I placed 7-15, won't be ready for shipment until January2022!! I am disgusted that my dealer assured me I will have my new jeep by October 1. They even said I could get it as early as 4 weeks. I said great!, here's my deposit and placed the order. If I knew it was a 5-6 month wait, I would have just waited until January or February and ordered a 2022 for the spring and summer. I want to call dealer and say cancel my order, deals off and I want my deposit back. What would you guys do?....my build was just a bare bones stock Rubicon, no gorilla glass, etc . not sure why it takes 6 months to build a 2 Dr manual soft top Rubicon...... Im wicked bummed out guys.....
Cowboy,

I did not read through the four pages of responses but I would never take a jp cht response as etched in stone. Check again the next shift, the next day and maybe next week and randomly ask your sales person. They can sometimes give quick answers to get rid of you. Sorry for the frustrations. It is certainly a weird time in recent history to buy major items in our lives.

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
I just received this email from [email protected] for the loaded JLU Rubicon I ordered on 7/3. WTF!!!!

Thank you for your recent order of a 2021 Jeep! We are excited to welcome you to the Jeep family!
The purpose of this email is to provide you the estimated delivery date of your Wrangler.
Based on our most recent information, your vehicle is to arrive at CENTRAL CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM OF RAYNHAM the week of 11/9/2021.
I ordered my Jeep in beginning of February and it was built in about 2 weeks, initially my estimated ship dates were mid march. I got a random email in March from [email protected] about the status of my Jeep. This is email I got.

"Thank you for your recent order of a 2021 Jeep!

Based on our most recent information, your vehicle is to arrive at CENTRAL CHRYSLER DODGE JEEP RAM OF RAYNHAM the week of 4/5/2021."

The shipping for my Jeep did end up being accurate. 4/5 was a Monday, it arrive sometime that week by rail, it was delivered to the dealer on a Thursday 4/8.

I wonder if now something is affecting wrangler production. Upto this point, ordered Wranglers have been built and delivered usually in a 2 month or so time frame unless it has new color or new option (see Gorilla Glass)

Beetroot

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
Medical Devices
I ordered a Rubicon 4xe 6/15 and today they told me it's still "in the scheduling phase" with no estimated timeline or eta.

Schuter

First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Silverado 2500
I wonder if now something is affecting wrangler production. Upto this point, ordered Wranglers have been built and delivered usually in a 2 month or so time frame unless it has new color or new option (see Gorilla Glass)
No GG or new color, just StingGray. The only thing new would be the XR package. Sounds like it might be the chip shortage that is driving the long delivery.

Simp03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S 2 door
Same email this morning. Ordered sport S 2 door on 6/19, to arrive 11/27. Not happy

rkwfxd

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR, 2020 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Tundra, 1990 964
Occupation
Unemployed
I got “the email.”

I ordered a heavily optioned 2 dr Rubi 2.0T (including GG) on 6/30.

Expected delivery to dealer in So Cal is 9/30.

In other news I am thinking the gov will call for another complete shut down in Aug due to the “delta variant.” Im expecting my 9/30 date to get pushed well into Oct.

Sponsored

JBean42

First Name
Jenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Acura TLX A-Spec; 2020 Chevy Silverado
I got the same email this afternoon. Except my date is 10/26. Ordered 7/7.
I received the same email yesterday. Ordered 6/23 and email states 9/29 for delivery. Bummed.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)

Ridgway Jeeper

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLR
Occupation
Real Estate Agent
This has been normal for most other vehicles. We hit the window just right on my wife's new Rubicon. Ordered the last week of April, built in three weeks, delivered six weeks to the day. We had a VIN within days, Jeep really rocked ours out, a low option 2dr Rubicon.

Then on July 3 I went and placed and order for a new Ford Super Duty truck. Almost a month later, no VIN, no build scheduling even for another two weeks, commodity holds on several popular configurations and options (not mine...yet). Four to six months for one of the most popular truck lines on the market is a hopeful outlook. Just hoping to see it before the snow flies...

Looks like it finally caught up with them... tough time to buy anything
Sponsored