First Name
Randall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR, 2023 Rivian R1T
Occupation
FedEx-retired
If you have a signed price agreement and got a fairly good deal I’d hang on to the order. The market is so volatile right know, who’s knows what the price change will be for the 22s. Plus negotiating a lower price might get harder over the next few months. You can still cancel when it arrives, why do it now?
Sponsored

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T
What would you guys do?

....my build was just a bare bones stock Rubicon, no gorilla glass, etc .

not sure why it takes 6 months to build a 2 Dr manual soft top Rubicon....
What matters is what the supply chain can provide at any given time. We see this manifested in the current chip shortage. Consider the easily observed contraction in new vehicle inventory levels across all brands.

If, for example, Stellantis could get Rubicon axles and sway bar disconnects delivered to Toledo on time, but not steel wheels or sailcloth soft tops, it might have been my Sport build that was subject to an indeterminate delay.

My guess is that Stellantis is pushing their low chip supply into the most profitable Jeeps right now.
Possibly, there's some truth there. I was just perusing lot inventory this morning at my selling dealer. There's no shortage of upmarket Grand Cherokees and Gladiators (Moabs, etc.) available to pick from. But for two JL Rubes sitting by themselves, though, new Wranglers have been conspicuously absent for some time now.

EJWF11

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR
What matters is what the supply chain can provide at any given time. We see this manifested in the current chip shortage. Consider the easily observed contraction in new vehicle inventory levels across all brands.

If, for example, Stellantis could get Rubicon axles and sway bar disconnects delivered to Toledo on time, but not steel wheels or sailcloth soft tops, it might have been my Sport build that was subject to an indeterminate delay.

Possibly, there's some truth there. I was just perusing lot inventory this morning at my selling dealer. There's no shortage of upmarket Grand Cherokees and Gladiators (Moabs, etc.) available to pick from. But for two JL Rubes sitting by themselves, though, new Wranglers have been conspicuously absent for some time now.
Thats all i saw at my local dealer this morning; ZERO wranglers.

au1994

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sahara 4xe, BMW X1
Occupation
Chickens
I find it seriously hard to believe you wouldn't be sitting in a new 2-door Rubi well before end of Oct. I ordered 7/2 (Rubi 4xe) and my salesman emailed me the other day to say I had a build date of 8/5 from what he shows. I think they're catching up and they're shutting other facilities down for a week or two weeks, or laying off entire shifts, so they can direct more chips to the wrangler plant in Toledo.
You are doing well. I ordered my Sahara 4xe on 6/28. Still no build date.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
You are doing well. I ordered my Sahara 4xe on 6/28. Still no build date.
Yeah, we all know it means nothing until we actually see it. However, there are a few who ordered after me who have build dates on the cryptostickers tracker. We will see soon enough, but my feeling from watching the build dates there is that they are slowly catching up. That's the optimist side of me. Don't ask about the other side...

Sponsored

dgoodhue

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 80th JLU
Ask your dealer for an updated POC, Jeep chat usually doesn't give dates. I imagine if they did it would be super conservative.

Caveman044

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLURXR
Maybe ask for a credit, free service, or extended warranty. If they don't want to play then cancel and get a 2022.

Sponsored

JasonInDLH

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 15 Yukon Denali
Occupation
I’d Rather Talk Jeep’s!
So I was just informed through a jeep representative on jeep chat that my special order Rubicon that I placed 7-15, won't be ready for shipment until January2022!! I am disgusted that my dealer assured me I will have my new jeep by October 1. They even said I could get it as early as 4 weeks. I said great!, here's my deposit and placed the order. If I knew it was a 5-6 month wait, I would have just waited until January or February and ordered a 2022 for the spring and summer. I want to call dealer and say cancel my order, deals off and I want my deposit back. What would you guys do?....my build was just a bare bones stock Rubicon, no gorilla glass, etc . not sure why it takes 6 months to build a 2 Dr manual soft top Rubicon...... Im wicked bummed out guys.....
That stinks. I ordered a JLUR 7/23 and I’m probably in the same boat. Will be checking with Jeep chat soon.

I would definitely talk with your dealer and explain the situation. If they have any kind of heart they’ll return your deposit (or put it towards the new 2022). If they don’t, you can simply tell them you’ll order the new Jeep elsewhere.

Evergreen

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Highlander, 21 Sahara 4xe
Occupation
Autonomous Vehicles
I was just told that The factory making the wranglers was shut down due to not having enough micro chips. I was told to check back 3 to 4 weeks

Mastersloth

First Name
Dylan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang
I was just told that The factory making the wranglers was shut down due to not having enough micro chips. I was told to check back 3 to 4 weeks
Was told the factory was shutting down next week from Jeep Chat as well, but nothing about shortages, told me to check back on status on the week of the 9th of August.

Jank4AU

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe