First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just a quick update to my thread.

3000 miles - TROUBLE FREE.

Just had my first free oil change and tire rotation (thank you Jeep Wave)

Installed Rough Country 2.5 inch suspension lift with Vertex 8 way adjustable ressi shocks.
Installed Rusty's Front / Rear adjustable control arms and front adjustable Track bar.
Also bought the Rusty's 2 inch Rubicon springs but wanted to drive the Rough Country 2.5 inch Springs for a while before I swap them out and see if I like the Rusty's better.

Jeep drives GREAT - the adjustable shocks were a game changer. I settled on the #4 setting for everyday driving - which for me includes many miles of dirt roads. This time of year my road ( dirt) is 3 miles of pot holes / wash outs and wash board! RC lift is killing it. Very pleasantly surprised.

Not sure what else to say. Lovin my Jeep. It drives great, looks great, hell I think It even sounds pretty damn good! (first vehicle I have EVER owned that I have not yet started taking apart and replacing / upgrading stereo components. I will Tell you this - your SOURCE makes a very big difference. Garbage IN / Garbage OUT. When I have a signal I am usually listening to Amazon Music (upgraded to Amazon Unlimited HD) or when I dont have a signal I have a 256GB FIIO X3 with mostly HD files downloaded.

Love the ICON REBOUND wheels. Huge shout out to those guys. Well made, looks great and super easy to keep clean.

Quick shout out to ExoForma Ceramic Coatings. Mind you this is not the professionally installed $1500 stuff. This is $35 bucks a bottle spray on Ceramic Coating. I have been into detailing my whole life. Worked my first job in a detailing shop. I obsessively buy waxes, polishes, coatings and sealants just to try them! Anyway - the ExoForma seems to be holding up well after 2 months. Typically I can come home and spray off (electric power washer / warm water / 45 degree nozzle) the jeep and then blow it clean (Adams Air Cannon) and she looks great. Then Ill wash once a week or so and usually after a wash use a quick detailing spray.

also -
I posted in the market place as well but - FOR SALE

2020 Rubicon 4dr Suspension

Shocks and Springs - $350 pick up only - or I'd be willing to drive 30 minutes or so to meet up

Rubicon Front and Rear Lower Control arms - $ 150 for all 4 - again pick up only

Rubicon Rock Rails - $50 - come and get 'em!!

AND SOME PICS!!

20200320_170954.jpg

20200318_165053.jpg

20200319_134734.jpg

20200319_134754.jpg

20200319_211303.jpg

20200319_211244.jpg

20200321_092811.jpg

20200321_092801.jpg

20200321_092752.jpg

20200323_201540.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I got em... all yours.. I'm in Wallingford VT 05742. Let me know what ur thinking..

Mike

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
sold the Rock Rails - still have Rubicon take off suspension and control arms.. thanks

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
bump - $300 bucks for the Rubicon Take off shocks and springs - you gotta come get em. thanks

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Bump - new price - $200 RUBICON SHOCKS AND SPRINGS. I'd be willing to drive 30 or 40 minutes to meet up. my zip 05742 (Okemo/Killington area of VT) see above pic.

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Got out on the trails today with some friends (6 feet apart).. Rubi running well..

IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

20200418_183423.jpg

20200418_183413.jpg

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Quick update. 4500 miles Rubi is running better than ever. why better ? well...

So got the call from my dealer about the clutch recall. They will move a wiring harness / put a sleeve on it and pressure test the clutch. OK - ill bite.

Background - been driving manuals my whole life - over 25 years of manual cars and SUVs. To me the Jeep clutch felt a little "soft" and had some strange pickup points but you drive it and get used to it. I have stalled it several times - mostly in reverse. To get it to move I always had to be feathering the gas. Seemed odd but whatever.

Well turns out there WAS air in the line. Took them a while to get it bled out but man it drives SO MUCH BETTER. Take your foot of the clutch in 1st or reverse and the Jeep starts to move with no gas - - so much easier to drive at slow speeds. Highway all seems the same but stop lights and stops signs are a much smoother get away now. Anyway... probably worth doing!

This leads me to my conversation with the Service manager. So Mr. Manager i have been driving around for 4k+ miles with air in the lines how much damage have I done? He said probably very little. That said it is well documented. Even thou clutches and assemblies are only covered (no matter what warranty you have) for 1 year or 12k miles he has already had a chat with the regional underwriter for FCA and they will be - in his words - very open minded about any future problems directly related to the clutch. That said he also told me he has been a Jeep mechanic for over 25 years and has never seen a burned out clutch with anything less than 100,000 miles on it. Basically told me to not worry but if it doesnt feel right bring it in and he will get it sorted.

i did already post this in the clutch recall thread - or some version of it but just like to jeep my little page here up to date!

So all good and well worth getting it checked out SOON.

couple pics just because....
Jeep Wrangler JL Vermont Rubicon 20200506_182211

Have fun out there and be safe.
Jeep Wrangler JL Vermont Rubicon 20200506_174157

Petey003

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAM TRX, 2018 JLUR, 1996 H1 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Commercial Operations (TWF)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there - im in Wallingford. Have a local business in Ludlow and Ski and Snowboard both Okemo and Killington. Looks you are in Bridgewater ? And have a Raptor !! (so do I).. what are the chances ?? Even if you dont buy the wheels lets meet up at Long Trail for a beer !!!

Im Mike.
Hey!

Just saw your post, I'm in Tinmouth, VT! Just moved here 2 weeks ago today.

Do you go wheeling? Know a good/trusted shop? I'd love to connect!

Thanks!

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Hey!

Just saw your post, I'm in Tinmouth, VT! Just moved here 2 weeks ago today.

Do you go wheeling? Know a good/trusted shop? I'd love to connect!

Thanks!
Hi hi. Welcome to VT ? Or just welcome to the area?

So I did a lot of the work on my jeep myself but I also really like and trust Brileyas in Rutland. Good small dealership and very friendly staff.

Would be happy to connect. Always fun to meet like minded off road people.

That said. I am in the process of selling my 2020 Rubicon with only 10k miles on it. I am disgusted with the corrosion issue. I have paint bubbles on 6 of my 8 door hinges. Some people don't mind or just get it repainted but it will only come back.

I have a 2017 Raptor as well and I am eagerly awaiting my 2021 Bronco Badlands.

That said there are some great trails around and I'm eager to get back out once my Bronco gets here.

Let's keep in touch..

Mike
203 858 1595

Petey003

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 RAM TRX, 2018 JLUR, 1996 H1 Wagon
Occupation
Director of Commercial Operations (TWF)
Vehicle Showcase
Hi hi. Welcome to VT ? Or just welcome to the area?

So I did a lot of the work on my jeep myself but I also really like and trust Brileyas in Rutland. Good small dealership and very friendly staff.

Would be happy to connect. Always fun to meet like minded off road people.

That said. I am in the process of selling my 2020 Rubicon with only 10k miles on it. I am disgusted with the corrosion issue. I have paint bubbles on 6 of my 8 door hinges. Some people don't mind or just get it repainted but it will only come back.

I have a 2017 Raptor as well and I am eagerly awaiting my 2021 Bronco Badlands.

That said there are some great trails around and I'm eager to get back out once my Bronco gets here.

Let's keep in touch..

Mike
203 858 1595
Hey Mike,

Got it, that's a total shame about the corrosion issue :-/.

And yea, I'm new to VT on day 14 from NYC haha.

As far as maintenance etc, I do everything myself and actually get under the Jeep no less than every 3 months to take my drill/wire brush to any spots, hit with alcohol, and fog over with fresh paint.

I'd love to see some good trails! And as you eye the Bronco I'm eying the release of the Gen 3 Raptor haha. I love them too.

Adrian

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So yesterday was kinda a sad day. I sold my 2020 Rubicon with 12000 miles on it. I have never sold a 1 year old vehicle. I almost always keep them to about 80 or 90k miles or 7 or 8 years. The corrosion issue had really gotten under my skin (pun intended). Also Used car prices are thru the roof and I have a truck to drive while I wait for my 2021 Bronco Badlands. Jeep dealer offered me 50k - i said no and drove to the FORD dealer that i bought my Raptor at and also ordered my Bronco from and they paid me 52k.

Good luck to everybody - be safe. Get 'em DIRTY... maybe I'll see ya on the trails. signing off.
Sponsored