Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
So had some money from the tire / wheel sale so spent that (and More) and did a few new mods.
Warn VR EVO 10-s winch / Warn VR winch cover (jury still out on this one) some really nice Rigid D-SS Pro lights.
Probably order some kind of flat winch hook. I love the stuff from Factor 55 but damn that shiiits expensive.
Also need a stubby antenna soon.

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
some pics of todays events.
lights were a piece of cake - 30 minutes tops. right into the Aux switch (that is a nice option)
Winch plate and winch and wiring - started it last night (2 hours) and probably another 2 or 2.5 hours today. Some scraps and bruises but went well.

20191215_200713.jpg

20191215_200721.jpg

20191215_200733.jpg

20191215_200740.jpg

20191215_200754.jpg

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Rust Inhibitor
Undercarriage Coat

So thought I would share an experience I had at my local dealer yesterday. I have about 1000 miles on the Jeep right now and had decided I wanted to have the rust inhibitor and undercarriage done. Living in Vermont we have at least 5 if not 6 months of winter. First snow is almost always late October or early November and last snow is easily late April with the last few years being early May. Anyway - lots of salt and sand and whatever else they put on the roads. Not to mention I am on dirt roads everyday that I drive my Jeep.

The dealer charged $399 for the combo Rust / Undercarriage coating. Drop off the evening before - they clean the underside and leave inside to dry then next morning apply the coatings. You get a Card and certificate from Mopar / MasterShield saying you had it done. If its a new vehicle and the coatings are performed by the dealer within 60 days of the vehicle purchase you get a lifetime warranty. Any rust-through damage will be replaced at no charge up to $2500. This is transferable as well if you sell the vehicle. If the vehicle is used / pre-owned there is a 7 year warranty. On the undercoating - its a wax based coating they claim not only protects against dirt, rocks and salt but also acts as sound deadener for a quieter ride as well as an insulator from heat and cold.

All very lofty claims I know. I did, however, turn the stereo off on the ride home and notice the ride, particularly on my dirt road, was noticeably quieter. Huh..

So all that "piece of mind" for $399 - so I did it.

Glad I did it BUT...

So you would imagine SOME precaution would be taken in order to keep this stuff OFF THE PAINT. When I inquired about this prior to the service I was assured- "We have a GREAT DETAIL GUY" he will make sure anything that gets on the paint is taken care of.

Well apparently his definition of DETAIL is very very different than mine.

The good news is with a cleaner based wax and a clay bar it comes off pretty easily but it took me better part of 3 hours to clean the Jeep when I got home. Still worth it ? Sure - i would have spent at least an hour or so cleaning it anyway so what the hell.

But this what it looked like when i got it home AND dont think for a second that I did not express my dissatisfaction to the service manager.

View attachment 262366

View attachment 262367

20191218_151342.jpg

20191218_151356.jpg

20191218_151401.jpg

20191218_161118.jpg

Attachments

• 0 bytes Views: 0
  • 0 bytes Views: 0

SportE

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lotus Sport, Audi S3, 2Dr Rubicon
Hi there - im in Wallingford. Have a local business in Ludlow and Ski and Snowboard both Okemo and Killington. Looks you are in Bridgewater ? And have a Raptor !! (so do I).. what are the chances ?? Even if you dont buy the wheels lets meet up at Long Trail for a beer !!!

Im Mike.
Hey. got my Rubi November 22 here in Killington. Ours could all be litter mates.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
I got the stock 4 door JLUR rock rails to go! 100 bucks - i dont have any interest in shipping them so you have to pick them up - Central VT 05742

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Just checking in - about 1500 miles. Zero issues so far. Jeep runs great, still getting used to the 6 speed. I have owned a lot of manual transmissions in my life - this one is good but takes some getting used to ! Needs a bit more revs and clutch from a stop in reverse - I still stall it once a week. A little embarrassing with peeps in the Jeep with me!!

I still have the Rubi Rock Rails if anybody wants them but you gotta come and get em or ill a drive maybe 30 minutes or so to meet somebody. $100

I was in a buddys jeep recently - a 2015 2 dr JK. He just had a small spacer lift (teraflex 1.5 inch) and the Falcon 2.1 monotube shocks put on. I really liked the ride. Firmer but not jarring. Both on the road at 50 or 55 mph and up my dirt road which is total wash board and ruts this time of year. SO now i'm think just a straight shock swap ? Rubi shocks for Faclcon 2.1 ? Bolt them on myself and see how she rides. I can always add the 1.5 inch lift as well but im more interested in the ride. I might start a new thread. Cant find much info on swapping out just shocks or just springs on a RUBICON.

anyway. Be safe out there..

20200102_092809.jpg

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
chekcing in - a little over 2000 miles (sorry i missed the 1941 pic... woops) All good. Zero issues - love driving my Rubi. Still looking at options for a lift. I started the tread about Rubicon and trying to get less than a 2 inch lift without going to spacers - i just feel a good set of springs (1.5 to 2 inches - NO MORE) and some slightly firmer shocks would be perfect. Got some very good advice. I think im sold on the Synergy 2 inch lift stage 1 spring lift but not sure on shocks yet. Now all I do is look at shocks online !!! not healthy... I have no immediate need till the spring time so just enjoying my Jeep and enjoying the snow - finally..

20200206_150938.jpg

20200206_150918.jpg

josh8811

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Rubicon (soon)
This post convinced me white is my favorite Jeep color. It looks great and hides dirt.

Sponsored

AUJL

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
chekcing in - a little over 2000 miles (sorry i missed the 1941 pic... woops) All good. Zero issues - love driving my Rubi. Still looking at options for a lift. I started the tread about Rubicon and trying to get less than a 2 inch lift without going to spacers - i just feel a good set of springs (1.5 to 2 inches - NO MORE) and some slightly firmer shocks would be perfect. Got some very good advice. I think im sold on the Synergy 2 inch lift stage 1 spring lift but not sure on shocks yet. Now all I do is look at shocks online !!! not healthy... I have no immediate need till the spring time so just enjoying my Jeep and enjoying the snow - finally..

20200206_150938.jpg

20200206_150918.jpg
Looks great Mike. I was 99% sure I was going to do a 2.5" RK or MC lift with 37's this spring, but when you started your thread on the 2" lifts, I'm scratching my head again since mine is my daily and not sure i want to open the 37" can of worms! Paralysis by Analysis!

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Looks great Mike. I was 99% sure I was going to do a 2.5" RK or MC lift with 37's this spring, but when you started your thread on the 2" lifts, I'm scratching my head again since mine is my daily and not sure i want to open the 37" can of worms! Paralysis by Analysis!
Yup - We do have some time .. hearing Fox is going to release a 2.5 inch after-market shock (non- reservoir) similar to the ones included in the mopar kit. Also hearing a couple different manufactures working on 1.5 inch springs. Will wait and see. Thou the synergy option looks pretty good im still not sure what shocks to buy.

I will definitely be talk to Accutune at some point - they seem pretty dialed in!!

AUJL

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
Yup - We do have some time .. hearing Fox is going to release a 2.5 inch after-market shock (non- reservoir) similar to the ones included in the mopar kit. Also hearing a couple different manufactures working on 1.5 inch springs. Will wait and see. Thou the synergy option looks pretty good im still not sure what shocks to buy.

I will definitely be talk to Accutune at some point - they seem pretty dialed in!!
I'm itching to upgrade from the stock 33's, I might be more patient if I was already on 35's. Good news on shocks and 1.5" springs, I admittedly haven't done enough research on shocks. There's no shortage of opinions on them though... I think I'm still leaning towards doing a 1.5" spacer lift with shocks if I go with 35's and reevaluate if I move to 37's.

OP
OP
Rubi VT

Rubi VT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
i was seconds away from the 1.5 inch teraflex lift and Falcon sp2 2.1 monotubes and teraflex LCA. just never convinced myself. Also i think its the SPRINGS that i really want to firm the ride up a bit. In fact might do the springs and just shock extensions.

AUJL

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLUR
i was seconds away from the 1.5 inch teraflex lift and Falcon sp2 2.1 monotubes and teraflex LCA. just never convinced myself. Also i think its the SPRINGS that i really want to firm the ride up a bit. In fact might do the springs and just shock extensions.
That's probably why I haven't pulled the trigger either, I really want springs to firm things up and handle the weight better. Then it leads to 37's. Round and round we go!
Sponsored