First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
venomrex.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
VenomRex is proud to be the latest sponsor of the Jeep Gladiator Forums and we have some awesome new products we have introduced for the off road community!

For years, the off road wheel industry has been 20 years behind in design, engineering, and technology when compared to the motorsport aftermarket industry, but we are here to change that! As the oem's like Jeep are now releasing their latest vehicle models with modern designs, high end build materials, and packed full of the latest technology, we felt that the off road industry really needed a wheel brand that fit these latest off road Jeeps and trucks. Vorsteiner, VenomRex's parent company, is a family owned business and has been around for nearly 20 years as a very successful carbon composite and wheel brand. So naturally, building high quality, strong, and light weight products comes naturally for us.

Jon Sackett run's our VenomRex brand and some of you may know him from the instagram @bearded.wrangler . Jon has been a Jeep owner since 16 years old and has had every iteration of the wrangler from the early YJ to the current JL and soon JT. Jon has a life long experience and passion in Jeep's and off roading and is the perfect fit to spearhead the path, designs, and marketing of our new wheel brand.

Currently, we offer for Jeep's our VR-501 wheel design in both 17'' and 20'' in the perfect hubcentric fitment for your JL or JT (or even older JK!) We also have two more wheel series underdevelopment for early 2020 including multiple new true bead lock and simulated bead lock designs.

jeep2.jpg

So what makes our wheels different?

Well to start off, the designs. Instead of most wheels on the market, which are just a circular disc with some basic geometric shapes stamped out of them, we spend a lot of time creatively and passionately designing our wheels adding lots of depth and style to every inch of our designs. Jeep did the same thing when designing the new JL and Gladiator, so we saw it fitting that customers had the option to not just through a circular chunk of metal on these new Jeeps, but put pieces of art that compliment the overall aesthetic.

Next comes the technology. Every single other off road wheel on the market (besides some fully forged offerings) are manufactured via casting. The casting manufacturing process is the cheapest, heaviest, and lowest quality manufacturing process on the planet for making wheels. In the motorsport market, cast wheels are only sold and used generally on those civic rice buckets you can get from your local used car lot for a couple thousand bucks. Casting is done by liquidating an aluminum alloy, pouring it into a mold of the wheel design, and their you have your wheel! The melting down of the aluminum alloy and pouring it into a mold, breaks apart the chemical molecular bond of the alloy and makes it weaker. To compensate for the weakened material, generally wheel manufactures have to increase the thickness of the wheel in order to make sure it will not break while your cruising down your favorite trail. The other manufacturing process out there in the off road industry is Forged. Now for a second, recall that documentary you watched on the history channel late at night years ago, about Japanese samurai warriors and how the legendary samurai swords were made back in the day. They would use the highest grade alloys, and take a large chunk of it and heat it up, but not to the point where it liquidated, but just glowing red hot enough where they could start hammering it, and folding it over itself, and continue this process until they forged it into the shape of a blade. This forging process was how these swords were so strong and would virtually never break. Well a forged wheel, starts as essentially a solid block of that high quality, raw alloy material. Then, a very large and expensive CNC machine cuts the design from that solid block, and walla, your forged wheel. Due to the cost of these machines, and the time it takes to cut just one wheel, this is generally why forged wheels will set you back at least $4,000 for a set of 4.

Now, comes in our flow forged technology. First, we create a mold of just the face of the wheel, we then liquidate the aluminum alloy and pour it into that casting and let it cool. This cast has excess material just around the outer back lip of the face. Next, we heat that excess material, not too the point of it liquidating, but till its glowing hot and mandible just like those ancient samurai swords, and a set of pressurized rollers, forges the material down into the shape of the barrel, consistently pulling the material over its self, just like the ancient black smiths would fold the material into itself. Now, we have re forged the entire barrel of the wheel, allowing it to be significantly thinner and lighter, but way stronger.

https://venomrex.com/pages/technology

So, what does all this mean for you? It means you can purchase a slick looking wheel for your Gladiator that in 17x9 sizing only weighs 24 lbs per wheel. Most other wheels on the market weigh well over 30 lbs and sometimes over 40 lbs per wheel. So you are looking at an average 10lb saving per wheel versus other competitors.

"but VenomRex, why should I care about 10lbs? I am adding heavy roof top tents, steel bumpers and skid plates, lighting, lots of weight"

Well yes, 10lbs to us truck guys might not seem like a whole lot of savings, except for the fact that since the wheel is the only part on your vehicle that actually moves while you are traveling cross country, or wheeling down your favorite trail, you have to factor in what's called "rotational mass". Since your truck takes effort to move and spin the wheel, lightening up your wheels provides roughly a 3x factor due to the rotation of the wheels and kinetic energy involved. So, that 10 lb weight saving, is actually a 30lb weight saving, per corner of your truck, so at least 120lbs over all. Have you ever added a steel front and rear bumper and a winch, and watched your MPG's drop a few notches? Well imagine if you could add those parts, but gain those mpgs back with just switching out to a better looking, light weight wheel?! Not only will you expereince better MPGS, but since you are saving on average that 30lbs per wheel in rotational mass, you will notice that your acceleration has improved, since your truck needs less effort to spin up those wheels. Braking? Yea you will put significantly less stress on your brakes since you will need less energy to slow down the mass of the lighter rotating wheel.

Well that's our shpeel. If you have any other questions about our product, please send us a DM and Jon will be glad to help you out. We will be offering lots of great incentives and giveaways for the Gladiator forum members, and will be out at events across the country and hosting trail runs for our customers. We now leave you with some cool wallpapers for you to enjoy!

jeep2.jpg

jeep3.jpg

jeep5.jpg

jeep6.jpg

jeep7.jpg

Turn14-JLU-Wrangler-Rubicon-Build-SEMA-2019-1.jpg
32437326397_aeca0e085b_c.jpg
33502729798_77b49abe14_c.jpg
33502730238_6102ebba5e_c.jpg
Turn14-JLU-Wrangler-Rubicon-Build-SEMA-2019-2.jpg

Turn14-JLU-Wrangler-Rubicon-Build-SEMA-2019-8.jpg

jeep1.jpg
Sponsored

Karl_in_Chicago

First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Acura RL, Chevrolet Corvette, Harley-Davidson FLHTC Electra-Glide Classic
17x9 @ 24 lbs, affordable, and good looking . . . what's not to like? Those Highland Bronze look sharp. Look forward to seeing what you have in the pipeline.

noregrets605

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, Dodge Viper GTS, Honda Pilot
Agreed! Excited to see what else you guys come out with. Hoping an 8-10 spoke design...

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
@VenomRex I am trying to find the full specs for these wheels. What is the hub bore size, and what backspace / offsets are available currently for the JL in the 17" wheels?

I really like some of the designs you have for the Raptor, but not sure I want to wait until next year for new models. My main priority is a wheel that is 4.75 to 5" backspace that is hub centric.

olmectech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Cherokee, Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
I have these. Compared to stock steel wheels feels like I went from riding around in army boots to ice skates
if that makes any sense. And gained 1.5 miles to the gallon.

fender2345_small.jpg

OP
OP
VenomRex

VenomRex

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Website
venomrex.com
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
@VenomRex I am trying to find the full specs for these wheels. What is the hub bore size, and what backspace / offsets are available currently for the JL in the 17" wheels?

I really like some of the designs you have for the Raptor, but not sure I want to wait until next year for new models. My main priority is a wheel that is 4.75 to 5" backspace that is hub centric.
Hey Cypher. Our VR-501 wheels were made specifically for the JL Wrangler and are hubcentric to the JL. Only thing you need is aftermarket lugs which is required with nearly all aftermarket wheels. We do sell sets of splined security lugs for $30 for a complete set.

The exact specs are 17x9 et-6 - 71.6 Center Bore - 4.75'' backspacing.

On sale today as well. Buy 4 get 1 FREE.

VA72mlibu

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLR; 1972 Chevy Malibu; DHC-7 & BeechCraft King-Air (operated, not owned)
REALLY REALLY hoping for a similar design, minus the Fake-Locks that only weighs 24 pounds!
upload_2019-12-2_15-54-6.png

Sponsored

Cypher

First Name
J
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR Eco-Diesel now. 18, 19, 20 JLUR 3.6 old.
Occupation
Cybersecurity Leader
Vehicle Showcase
We have something SORT of similar in the works.
Any chance of something close to the 601? Or maybe something with more spokes like the 602? Also like the one above if it was done lighter without the fake ring etc.

Goin2drt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Rubicon, 17 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
“Well to start off, the designs. Instead of most wheels on the market, which are just a circular disc with some basic geometric shapes stamped out of them, we spend a lot of time creatively and passionately designing our wheels adding lots of depth and style to every inch of our designs. Jeep did the same thing when designing the new JL and Gladiator, so we saw it fitting that customers had the option to not just through a circular chunk of metal on these new Jeeps, but put pieces of art that compliment the overall aesthetic.”
We have something SORT of similar in the works.
Where is the creativity then if you are going to do exactly what every other wheel company does and “sorta” copy each other. I was really looking forward to seeing something different. If you are “sorta” different and lighter but I am sure way more expensive it’s gonna be a tough road. I agree with the angle you are taking as I also am into sports cars but people will pay for the strength and lighter wheel, resonates way more on a sports car. People in these parts have a tougher time spending a lot more for a similar look with maybe only a little benefit. I guess time will tell. I am certainly interested. BTW that is why I bought my Hutchinson wheels. Nothing else looks like them and I knew there wouldn’t be many out there. The are double the price and probably double the weight of most wheels, I would love to see another true DOT approved beadlock that weighs less. Now you would have something since if my research is correct they are the only DOT approved beadlock. The rest are just look a likes.

Arrowhead

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Everyone hates on fake beadlocks, but I'm in the minority as in that is what I want. I don't need real beadlocks, but a wheel with a "rock rash ring" that you can replace is what I'm looking for. I'd rather have a ring that acts as a sacrificial face to be gouged up so it protects the actual wheel. That way the ring can be repaired or replaced. I know there are already some out there but the selection is limited. I scoured the wheel manufacturers at SEMA and found a couple of new releases but not many.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.