First Name
Quinn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Occupation
Operator
Not really sure where else to put this thread. Admins please move to the appropriate place if needed. It seems that there are a lot of parts, design updates, and wanted products that us the consumers want but are not being addressed. So I wanted to start this thread so the manufacturers can see the general issues or wanted products that we are coming across. Everything here should be pretty general and not product specific. I’m sure there are product specific threads if you have an issue with a certain product.

I’ll start it off with a few suggestions.

- JL aftermarket front bumpers. It seems as if it’s industry wide that once we install an aftermarket bumper, we can no longer fully remove the grill. The new bumpers are covering the bottom portion of the grill, and therefor not allowing us to pull it to unclip the clips at the bottom. We need clearance to do this so that we don’t have to remove our winches and bumpers completely just to pull the grill off and change a headlight. It turns a half hour job into a few hour job. This issue seems to be across many brands so it’s not specific to just one manufacturer. Can these bumpers be built a little lower? Or have a cutout around the bottom of the grill? Time for an update here.

- a lot of us have the useless trail rail system. I say it’s useless because there’s no aftermarket support for it yet. This system would be perfect for securing down a cooler, a tool box, or really anything for that matter. What I mean is a cooler or something that has the connector pieces that slide into and along the rails designed into it so it can be snapped in as a whole and not have to be strapped down.

-LED aftermarket lights. If you’re going to offer aftermarket led tail lights or fender chop kits, please design them with a place to mount resistors for us with the factory halogen lights. Those things get hot and will melt plastic and paint. There’s almost nowhere to mount these things. A little metal tab on the inside of your tail light or fender chop brackets that we can bolt those things to would help smooth things along for the end consumer.
Sponsored