Sponsored

Vehicle owner's manual in Uconnect Apps tab missing?

amstel78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Willys 3.6 eTorque
My 2018 Grand Cherokee had the vehicle owner's manual available within the Apps tab of the 8.4 Uconnect screen. It seems to be missing from my 2021 JLUW 8.4? Can anyone confirm the same?
Sponsored

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ā€˜20 Grand Cherokee White; ā€˜12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst
Just checked mine. I have a button called ā€œVehicle User Guideā€ on my screen. It allows me to search the manual and such.

OP
OP
amstel78

amstel78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just checked mine. I have a button called ā€œVehicle User Guideā€ on my screen. It allows me to search the manual and such.
Thanks. Is yours a 2021? Would you mind taking a picture of the icon so I can see where it would be located? Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it and I swear I saw it once before when we took delivery.

Last edited:

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Wrangler JLUR Ocean Blue (MT); ā€˜20 Grand Cherokee White; ā€˜12 Volvo C30 (MT)
Occupation
Analyst
Mine is a 2020 built in Decā€™19/Janā€™20. The app was originally on page two but I moved it to page one this summer.

If it isnā€™t there, have you tried a reset?

Jeep Wrangler JL Vehicle owner's manual in Uconnect Apps tab missing? 407EAE26-37FD-427C-84EE-C31F26CD2F6A

OP
OP
amstel78

amstel78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, tried a reset and a reboot. No dice. Guess I'll have to call UConnect support on Monday.

Sponsored

Vinman

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
We had a 2020 Sahara as a rental which had the user guide app but the 2021 Rubicon I bought doesnā€™t.

OP
OP
amstel78

amstel78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I remember the salesman pointing it out on UConnect when we took delivery. There seems to have been an update though so I don't know if that took it out for the 2021 models?

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Analyst
you can re-order the apps @Tellurian within the ? with long press + drag and drop? oh, I'm definitely going to have to try that next time I'm in my jeep!
Yuppers. The SOS icon was next to the ā€œ>ā€ symbol on the far right. I found that while driving and swiping to the next page, I kept accidentally hitting SOS - both when swiping the page or tapping the ā€œ>ā€. I later realized you could move the apps around to be where you want/need, including the docked icons on the bottom that always show.

I ended up putting the Vehicle User Guide there because it canā€™t be opened while driving.

Tellurian

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Analyst
I remember the salesman pointing it out on UConnect when we took delivery. There seems to have been an update though so I don't know if that took it out for the 2021 models?
Good point about the software. Tomorrow, I can check to see what version Iā€™m running.

Sponsored

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
I also lost the user guide app from my Uconnect apps afte having it there for months on my 2021 JLUR. One day I just couldnā€™t find it in the list anymore and I havenā€™t been able to bring it back. How is the reset done?

OP
OP
amstel78

amstel78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I also lost the user guide app from my Uconnect apps afte having it there for months on my 2021 JLUR. One day I just couldnā€™t find it in the list anymore and I havenā€™t been able to bring it back. How is the reset done?
Hold the power and selection knob buttons down for 20 seconds then release. The soft reset doesn't bring the manual back though. I still haven't seen mine come back and it's been months.

DavidArmen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Hold the power and selection knob buttons down for 20 seconds then release. The soft reset doesn't bring the manual back though. I still haven't seen mine come back and it's been months.
Oh yeah I had done that power/select reset to bring back my backup camera but youā€™re correct as it didnā€™t bring back the manual. How odd that it just disappeared.

OP
OP
amstel78

amstel78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh yeah I had done that power/select reset to bring back my backup camera but youā€™re correct as it didnā€™t bring back the manual. How odd that it just disappeared.
Well, from what the UConnect support folks told me some time ago was that Chrysler was working on an update which would include the manual. Of course, everything they tell me I take with a grain of salt because I don't think most of them know what's going on either.

OP
OP
amstel78

amstel78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just received an OTA update for my 8.4 UConnect. Unfortunately, the vehicle user guide app is still persona nongrata. Just wondering if anyone who's had theirs disappear was able to successfully get it back?
Sponsored