Vehicle Name

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee diesel, 2020 JLU Rubicon diesel
I have never been one to name my vehicles, but today it occurred to me (thinking of Nihkole's creative name), that I may name my vehicle: "Dee".
Sponsored

JLUS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara
I have never been one to name my vehicles, but today it occurred to me (thinking of Nihkole's creative name), that I may name my vehicle: "Dee".
So what is the meaning behind your name selection?

OP
OP
mtnmerlin

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So what is the meaning behind your name selection?
I thought most readers would get this now, but maybe not in the future. For over two months my vehicle build status code has been D.

Shots

First Name
Winchell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon
Ha ha. Creative, I like it.

toolaide4fit

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLURD
Occupation
IT Manager
I thought most readers would get this now, but maybe not in the future. For over two months my vehicle build status code has been D.
That's funny! I don't plan on naming my jeep, but if I did I would probably name mine "Frustration" given the experience we have had with FCA!

Sponsored

Nihkole

First Name
Nichole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep JL 3.0 Diesel, 2000 Chevrolet Camaro
The thought of calling her MILeena crossed my mind because Mortal Kombat kicks ass. It just rolls off the tongue though to say CELeste is being a BETCH again. Hopefully she'll get fixed up tomorrow though

OP
OP
mtnmerlin

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The thought of calling her MILeena crossed my mind because Mortal Kombat kicks ass. It just rolls off the tongue though to say CELeste is being a BETCH again. Hopefully she'll get fixed up tomorrow though
Maybe MILLY.

OP
OP
mtnmerlin

mtnmerlin

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay, I am going to try and change my Karma by going to a new name. My order went in 100 days ago today and I have not yet attained D1 status.
The new name is KZAAM! As in KZ build status.

Edit: BTW, I am in still in D status after 100 days

Last edited:

Sponsored

Jmonroe

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR and a '99 Camaro SS convertible I bought new
Occupation
Retired
"Nelle Belle" The more seasoned among us will understand.

3TV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 392
A 4-year-old thread, ... but here goes.

I never used to name vehicles either, but my wife and I started doing this in the last few years. It seems to make it easier when you have several vehicles. That way I don't say "let's take the Jeep"; um, ok, we have three of them. Or I don't say "let's take the truck"; again, we have three of them.

My wife started it, and we both keep it going now.

73 CJ5: "CJ"

2019 Dodge Challenger RT: Wife's ride, it is deep deep blue, and she calls it "Bluetiful".

2022 Ram TRX: My wife named it "Beast". One day the battery was dead on a 2019 Ram 3500 Laramie we had at the time. With the battery dead you cannot shift it out of park, you cannot shift the transfer case into neutral, and you cannot even release the park brake. And it wouldn't start with a jump start. It was parked right in a narrow spot we needed to get contractors past to do some work on our house. So, I hooked up a 30,000 lb strap to the TRX and told my wife to put it in low range and lock the rear diff, and just drag the dam Ram 3500 out of the way. With 700 hp, and in low range, when you give it the gas something is going to happen. With the supercharger screaming like a banshee the TRX lit up all four tires and drug the Ram 3500 that was in park with the parking brake on 100 feet on dry pavement to get it out of the way. I got out of the Ram and my wife got out of the TRX, and she had a cocky attitude, and turned around and looked at the TRX, and said "that thing is a BEAST!". I didn't know if I should be jealous of my own truck.

2022 JLUR 392 XR: "Ruckus". Because, with the AWE exhaust it is loud and usually causes a commotion everywhere it goes.

2023 Gladiator Mojave: Wife's ride. She named it "Mo".

2023 Ram 3500: "Ram"

Kbinspections

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Moab
Vehicle Showcase
Mobicon……bought a 2019 Moab for my wife, she loved it! Then we started off roading…..got hooked, traded Moab for a Rubicon and swapped parts to make the Rubi look like the Moab.
Sponsored