Sponsored

Vector off-road dash mount

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Anyone have the vector off-road dash mount that can chime in? They're releasing a tube version and was wondering, besides preference, what the advantages might be between the dock full width versus the contour version. I'm looking to add attachments for two cell phones and one 8" tablet.
SmartSelect_20190526-185119_Samsung Internet.jpg
SmartSelect_20190526-185119_Samsung Internet.jpg
Sponsored

ImAJeepskate

First Name
Grant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport (JLU)
the square version will be lower profile

JimLee

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU
I'm glad they released this, I did not like the square one they released for the JL, I was actually wondering if the round JK one could be adapted to fit the JL.

GRAK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubi, Corvette
Clubs

Do you think the attachments are better for the bar?
I’ve never used the tube one but would be willing to try. My shorter track one holds two phone mounts & iPad Pro well, but the 67 designs phone holder rattles on hard washboard ruts. I just dismantled & reinstalled it on Friday too, soon as I got out there rattlerattlerattle. Soab.

Sponsored

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
The tube one will use the ram mounts which will be more secure. The problem with the low profile one is that it isn’t a strong as a ram mount when mounting items onto the dock.

And you won’t have to buy their mounting balls with the tube version which will save some money too

OP
OP
Jeepney18

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
The tube one will use the ram mounts which will be more secure. The problem with the low profile one is that it isn’t a strong as a ram mount when mounting items onto the dock.

And you won’t have to buy their mounting balls with the tube version which will save some money too
Do you have a link for attachments that I can look at?

NickTinVA

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon

I don't know what I'm doing differently, but I'm using the RAM balls on the track mount and they're rock solid.

imapseudonym

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Hella Yella Rubicon
I don't know what I'm doing differently, but I'm using the RAM balls on the track mount and they're rock solid.
I’m not sure ha! I broke a few of them trying to tighten our ipad holder down a while back. After that I just gave up on using it ha! Works well for all our smaller stuff like phone and dash cam
Sponsored