islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Sounds like you are getting a good price but is it really with the hassle. Maybe at the end of the deal save a $1000.00 for a lot of work. Booking and taking a flight, having to drive the 10-12 hrs back, possibly a night in a hotel and then needing to reregister an out of Province vehicle which can effect the resale. How do the provincial taxes work when you do that. I can be very wrong and imagine you thought of all that but what do you think your total savings are. If it’s worth it I might bite.
Yup, thought it through. 7500 Aeroplan miles, beautiful drive through the mountains (since I don't expect delivery until May) and perhaps a night camping with my new JL. Sounds pretty awesome to me. May bring the kids along too and turn it into a full JL camping trip with my two boys who love to camp.

No issues in bringing an Alberta vehicle into BC, and you pay the PST when you register the vehicle. Very straight forward....much easier than bringing in a vehicle from the US (which I have done a couple of times). So I figure I am saving myself $1500 and I get to have my first trip with my JL be an adventure through the Canadian Rockies. Sounds like a postcard trip to me :)
Sponsored

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
I contacted Jeep Canada on FB and they said that the build site will be operational by February. As for below invoice pricing, we got around 4% below invoice here in Calgary on our order...
Jon, I think it was 4% below MSRP? or 4% above invoice?

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
Yup, thought it through. 7500 Aeroplan miles, beautiful drive through the mountains (since I don't expect delivery until May) and perhaps a night camping with my new JL. Sounds pretty awesome to me. May bring the kids along too and turn it into a full JL camping trip with my two boys who love to camp.

No issues in bringing an Alberta vehicle into BC, and you pay the PST when you register the vehicle. Very straight forward....much easier than bringing in a vehicle from the US (which I have done a couple of times). So I figure I am saving myself $1500 and I get to have my first trip with my JL be an adventure through the Canadian Rockies. Sounds like a postcard trip to me :)
Ok if you make a holiday of it then it really makes sense. Even makes the pick up more special like a European delivery of a new Porsche. Now I’m jealous! enjoy !

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4-X, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL
Occupation
Ramblin Man

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ram Power Wagon, 2015 Nissan Xterra Pro 4-X, 2018 Jeep Rubicon Unlimited JL
Occupation
Ramblin Man

Love that you were able to get Aeroplan points...ha, ha...we scored on that one too!!

Sponsored

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
I now have my VIN allocated....one step closer to reality! Varsity Chrysler in Calgary continues to impress me.

TroyBoy

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Too bad they won't let you buy with a visa. Imagine all the points you would get!

I am on Vancouver Island and I ordered at MSRP and put down $3000 deposit. After seeing others get a better deal I decided to shop around and I was able to get Invoice price plus $500(not including about $600 worth of fees) at another dealership. I took that back to my dealer and asked why I should eat $5000-$6000 by staying with our deal. We came to a compromise and I am now getting MSRP minus 4 to 5%. I'm ok with that because my jeep is almost here.
Sorry, I was not given permission to say where the deals came from. Also, I have no trade in and don't need financing which may have helped me find a deal.

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
Troy, ask about the 0% financing that is now available on JL's. Here is what my dealer told me:

"Yes – they are offering 0% for 36 months on the Jeep – We would have to get an approval in order to hold the financing for you."

This is a brand new promotion from Jeep in Canada.

OP
OP
islandbunkie

islandbunkie

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubicon
zerofinance-jpg.jpg

Bluerhino

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara, 2005 Porsche 911 S
@
Troy, ask about the 0% financing that is now available on JL's. Here is what my dealer told me:

"Yes – they are offering 0% for 36 months on the Jeep – We would have to get an approval in order to hold the financing for you."

This is a brand new promotion from Jeep in Canada.
@islandbunkie Thanks for sharing this. I haven’t seen this deal. I have contacted my dealer to see if I can get that deal. My Jeep will be delivered right around the end of Feb so also trying to get it held. Cheers!

Sponsored

Punk'n

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon a Punk'n 2018 JLU Rubicon owner, 2015 Suburban LTZ, 2012 BMW M5
Occupation
Logistician
Has anyone received their custom order yet ?

I ordered on 13 Feb (Punk'n JLUR, full load, colour match top & fenders) only have my VON still no VIN. Starting to get really anxious.

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ramblin Man
We ordered ours January 8th, it arrived last Thursday and we took delivery of it today. Our experience taking delivery of it was a bit of a shit show which I will likely unpack in a separate post, but as far as our rubicon goes, we love it. It’s hands and fist above our previous J.K.

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ramblin Man
Has anyone received their custom order yet ?

I ordered on 13 Feb (Punk'n JLUR, full load, colour match top & fenders) only have my VON still no VIN. Starting to get really anxious.
You probably still have a bit of. Wait to go....

maguro

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Punk'n JLUR
We ordered ours January 8th, it arrived last Thursday and we took delivery of it today. Our experience taking delivery of it was a bit of a shit show which I will likely unpack in a separate post, but as far as our rubicon goes, we love it. It’s hands and fist above our previous J.K.
Wow! I'm really looking forward to the details. Did you buy from Varsity?

Pugfug

First Name
Jonathon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Ramblin Man
Wow! I'm really looking forward to the details. Did you buy from Varsity?
Ha, ha..no we did not...I was kind of regretting that we hadn't, but in the end, we got our vehicle and the financing that we were expecting, so all is good. A shout out to this forum too...I've read so much about the JL that I had a better working knowledge of the vehicle than the salespeople, so I knew what to look for before we drove off the lot and home:) It will be worth the wait...the process is never as fast as you want it to be, but in the end, I guess that's part of the fun!

rubi 1.jpg

Rubi 2.jpg

Rubi 3.jpg

Rubi 5.jpg
Sponsored