First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I've used seafoam with good success in the past. I've not seen any valves to know with the 2.0T but I can say at 35k pulling spark plugs was the worst I've ever seen. They were trashed and burnt up. Shockingly the manual called for plug change at 30k and I see why. Jeep was misfiring.

I believe they've changed it now to say 60k but after what I saw I'd change at 30 lol.
I just did mine at 66k. I’ve seen badly eroded plugs and mine were still very serviceable. Of course I swapped anyway. No changes to engine idle or mpg. I’ve mostly run premium. Sometimes mid grade.
Sponsored

jonyothan

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Rubicon 2dr 2.0T, '10 BMW 335i
Occupation
Fleet Maintenance Technician
Vehicle Showcase
this is nothing to worry about it. my other vehicle is a 2010 direct injection bmw with 160k kilometers. I pulled the intake manifold this year and the intake ports were clean, never been carbon blasted. I suspect this is only a thing when you run crappy fuel and never run your engine to high rpms. you gotta give it the "italian tune up" once in a while and red line every gear, that will fix your carbon issue

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
this is nothing to worry about it. my other vehicle is a 2010 direct injection bmw with 160k kilometers. I pulled the intake manifold this year and the intake ports were clean, never been carbon blasted. I suspect this is only a thing when you run crappy fuel and never run your engine to high rpms. you gotta give it the "italian tune up" once in a while and red line every gear, that will fix your carbon issue
Wow, N54? My old 335is was completely caked at 60k, and bad enough it was impacting performance.
Sponsored