Sponsored

Kyanche

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Look, don't get me wrong, I think those who want one should have one. but the idea of having that much horsepower in the JL kinda scares me lol. In a charger or 300? Sure heck yeah. While people talk about how those cars are boats, they have the suspension and brakes to handle most forms of insanity you throw at them. The worst that'll happen is you spin out.

But the brakes and suspension of a rubicon? with those little wheels? And the high center of gravity that will probably be even worse because the hemis weigh a lot more than the v6? Oh boy!

It will sound amazing though. I look forward to that!
Sponsored

dalema

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL392, Golf GTI
Looks freakin' awesome! Love the exhaust hooked up to aux switch.

are people really complaining about too much power??

if priced fairly would find a spot in my driveway ie “even if it adds a few grand to the MSRP”

Last edited:

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
I'd expect this to be priced similar to a hellcat. No way this leaves the showroom under 80k. Can you imagine the draw this plus the Ram TRX will have for FCA. As halo cars alone these will move some volume.
You guys that keep touting 80k crack me up. Where the hell do you come up with this number?

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....
Can you imagine the draw this plus the Ram TRX will have for FCA
I built a TRX on Ram’s website. As a current Raptor owner I was curious. Price came in at $92,000 for one with similar features to my Raptor. That was without the limited run first edition package.

So essentially would have been $25k more than sticker on mine (and that’s without dealer markups etc. after the fact.) That’s a lot to pay for a V8 and an iPad size info screen. I could get Hennessy to do a V8 conversion cheaper and I think even if FCA did the hemi wrangler, the aftermarket V8 conversion businesses would likely still be more viable for those that really wanted one.

Just my thoughts.

Sponsored

PillowFightr

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Diesel
Occupation
Data Center Engineer
They will bring it out to compete with the rumored bronco raptor.. All they can see now is competition with Ford.. But Ford really started it..

Anyhow, the bronco raptor will cost $85K-$90K or so (similar to the F150 Raptor with the 802A package) so this 392 Rubicon is probably going to cost around the $85K mark.. I doubt it will be affordable, it will be an instant collectable! But i think they should make it.. Give the people what they want :);)

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Jeep Gladiator, 2018 Fiat 124 Spider
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
Jeep may end up offering this 392 HEMI on Gladiator as a regular motor and on Wrangler on a very limited basis.

Gladiator has the length to provide the added stability this motor needs at speed; and according to most reports, as it is Gladiator needs more power.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
Depends
Its all a myth dude, EV is not really cleaner or better. Just different. You cant violate the second law of thermodynamics . Notice how we are the largest petroleum producer now? Cars nowadays run super clean. Its just co2 and water vapor out of the tailpipe at this point.
depends on how the electricity used to charge the EV is produced. Hydro, solar, and wind produce very few carbon emissions. If coal or natural gas is used, EVs just shift the point of carbon emissions to the power generator. Tailpipe emissions are far less toxic than even 10 years ago...but still not “clean”.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Who gives a shit about all that crap. Just put the Hemi in the Wrangler already. The 5.7 is just fine too. I love my Turbo 4 but when I was young I was driving around in a 78 CJ5 with a 360 V8 and a 3 speed. The V8 should never have been dropped.

Sponsored

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
That’s just it. Either do it or don’t do it, but there’s no need to derail into politics. That never ends well on an online forum.

CAFE or no CAFE, FCA can make this happen if it charges enough money upfront to cover subsequent fines, lawsuits, etc. That’s essentially what they do with Hellcats and other vehicles that have horrendous MPG.

IMO, the biggest headwinds this 392 JL will need to overcome are going to be (1) such paltry MPG numbers that it turns off a majority of buyers; (2) a steep price premium over other JLs, and (3) all the engineering compromises, including in off-road capability, that are required to make this thing handle all that added weight and power safely.

As much as I’d love a HEMI powered JL, I know that an MPG in the low teens would make it a big no-no for me. A front-heavy JL would be another one. Imagine adding all that weight to the front and then mounting a steel bumper and a winch; it’d drive like a front loader... :LOL:

Nickp01

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Local Bronco shill
I still think FCA is going the wrong way about this. Wrangler should get the 5.7 and have it be a lower cost option, the 392 is just not practical and will be way too expensive. If Jeep put the 5.7 as an option for the wrangler for ~$5k they would probably have at least a 25% take rate or more. It would be the perfect engine for the Jeep.

aldo98229

First Name
Aldo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Market Research
Vehicle Showcase
I still think FCA is going the wrong way about this. Wrangler should get the 5.7 and have it be a lower cost option, the 392 is just not practical and will be way too expensive. If Jeep put the 5.7 as an option for the wrangler for ~$5k they would probably have at least a 25% take rate or more. It would be the perfect engine for the Jeep.
Agreed.

However, the 5.7 HEMI power numbers overlap too much with EcoDiesel’s. My guess is, FCA is looking to drop a HEMI to create differentiation on the market, particularly ahead of Bronco’s launch. And they want to make a big splash.

While I agree that the 5.7 HEMI is the more sensible business route, in the end it is not going to give Jeep the splash on the market it wants.

Revolution_322

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JL Rubi White
100% agree
Sponsored