msdesignltd

First Name
michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 wrangler Recon unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Going to be real easy for aftermarket builders to install a supercharger and get into 700 HP range..
Idiots will be dying from too much top heavy HP
I think the electric assisted small displacement is a better get up as the batteries are slung low.
BLVD. cruising will be improved with the V8 though!

I would like to see twin side pipes though running through the rock rails!!

Last edited:

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
Going to be real easy for aftermarket builders to install a supercharger and get into 700 HP range..
Idiots will be dying from too much top heavy HP
I think the electric assisted small displacement is a better get up as the batteries are slung low.
I just wonder how safe this may be on the Highway. The Power to Weight ratio may cause an issue. FCA may have to install special equipment to make sure this passes the safety tests in USA and Canada.

RenoMD

First Name
DC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL unlimited Rubicon
Pretty awesome but if the numbers from superchargers are nearly the same, perhaps jeep should offer that factory option upgrade... hamburgers was supposed to be in talks with jeep but looks like that never went anywhere....it's been about 6 months now.

Sponsored

Punjabi New Yorker

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mahindra Thar (in India) - 2.5L Diesel, 4x4, 5 spd Manual ; 2020 JLU Rubicon (in USA) - 3.6 Gas with 8 Speed Automatic
Occupation
Family business in India and USA (dual citizen of both)
The JLU weights just as much (or more) than a 6.4L Challenger/Charger.
True but it is taller than those two. Pretty sure FCA has something in mind when it comes to safety. Otherwise they would have never teased it as regulatory authorities in USA and Canada would have slapped their wrist immediately.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
MT staff got 9.4mpg. That's even worse than expected.
That's what happens when you are always pinning the throttle.
I have the 5.7 Hemi in my TJ. The Hemi if driven the normal always gives 1 - 1.5 mpg better than the 4.0L it replaced. Now the 4.0 inline 6 was no gas saver, but.....This is regular Hemi, not MDS Hemi. I would think FCA could do a MDS 6.4L.

Kevin Mojito

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Moijto 2005 TJ AEV Hemi
The JLU weights just as much (or more) than a 6.4L Challenger/Charger.
Challenger / Charger 392 = 4280
JLUR with hardtop and f/r steel bumpers = 4800.
Mopar lift, 315's, ARB compressor, solid track bars = 5400 now. Just added winch 5500. Getting fatter fast.

Sponsored

Fonzilla85

First Name
Fonz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Lawman
Classic case of something looking good on paper but not practical when it comes down to it. This would be good as a limited batch of 100 or so.

ABar112

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2016 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
They would sell more of those half doors than a V8 model. Sure, I would trade my JLUR in and start all over if the price was right, but I'd be first in line for the half doors, even if a set of four was 4k... I believe the JK OEM half doors were pretty pricey?

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Sign me up. Screw all you Gas Mileage Worriers. If gas mileage is a major concern, then the Wrangler isn't, and never has been, the right vehicle. I'll let my daughter have my 3.6 JL, and I won't worry about the Hemi's Gas Milage, too much power, too much weight, blah blah blah blah!!! Me, I will just have some fun, because my testicles are still attached.
Soooo, I want one!!

Forestdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR 6 Speed
I'd expect this to be priced similar to a hellcat. No way this leaves the showroom under 80k. Can you imagine the draw this plus the Ram TRX will have for FCA. As halo cars alone these will move some volume.

Windshieldfarmer

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU, 2020 JlU on order
FCA - please don’t build this thing; it will cost me my marriage and the $$ that are intended to fund my early retirement. When I heard that motor rev I felt like I was 17 again with a hot girlfriend....(something that never actually happened) :)
Sponsored