Sponsored

AnnDee4444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLR 2.0
Actually, it seems internal combustion chamber and mechanical design that contributes to efficiency has hit a plateau.
I think internal combustion can still have some efficiency improvements. As much as I like electric vehicles, I'm still an internal combustion enthusiast and worry about the day that gasoline powered vehicles are a minority.

Freevalve:

Pre-chamber combustion:

DadJokes

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Sahara
I think internal combustion can still have some efficiency improvements. As much as I like electric vehicles, I'm still an internal combustion enthusiast and worry about the day that gasoline powered vehicles are a minority.

Freevalve:

Pre-chamber combustion:
Oh I agree. Iā€™m just saying it seems to have hit a plateau for now. I think the last big things for OEM were twin scrolls and DI. Thereā€™s been a lot of brilliant chamber designers. And they also have had simulation software for decades now. I think thatā€™s going to be rough to make progress over our current knowledge base of combustion chamber design with the goal of zero ignition lead time and to completely burn the fuel introduced.