Sponsored

V8 Hemi eliminated after 2023

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
No fancy exhaust required, just see for yourself and drive a 2017+ Charger or Challenger with the OEM active exhaust. They all sound good, regardless of the color, even if they were offered in Hydro Blue. To think that the new Grand Wagoneer is gonna sound all redneck packaged in an $80k to $105k machine is only kidding yourself.

The Challenger T/A is one of the most well done retro-styled cars with some actual heritage to it. The one I posted was bought for my daughter, but since she has a horrible time lying to her Mom and Dad.....I sold it in September and rolled $25k in equity into my current Willys. She now drives a 1997 Wrangler TJ with 206K miles, 2.5L and auto, and it won’t pull a hard deeeeek outta a lard bucket. On the days she needs to attend College, she gets to step up to the 2013 Dodge Dart......with 140k miles on it.

She’s asked me one time to drive my Willys......and nothing was said, just a nice, glaring look. Needless to say.....she’s only asked once.
I never said I expected the Grand Wagoneer to sound all "rednecked" out like my 392 Wrangler. However, you ever drive a GLS 63? That is fancier and more expensive than the GW and it sounds burly as hell. A pinch more of that would have been nice.
Sponsored

lowmpg

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon
I never said I expected the Grand Wagoneer to sound all "rednecked" out like my 392 Wrangler. However, you ever drive a GLS 63? That is fancier and more expensive than the GW and it sounds burly as hell. A pinch more of that would have been nice.
For 133k base, I'd hope the 63 sounds better than a Jeep :)

To others comments, many manf. provide 'sound' inside the vehicle to indicate shift points or mimic engine 'sound' (the BMW M3 just pushed a patch for this), not just Ford. And in order to meet the absurd EPA reqs that came out those old V8's need to move out of the way. Maybe the Italians can walk up the road a bit and ask those Germans how they perfected the I6 motor :)

MerlinsGarage

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21RUB392, 97Vipr,14Porsc 911,06Ford GT,64Vette etc
No fancy exhaust required, just see for yourself and drive a 2017+ Charger or Challenger with the OEM active exhaust. They all sound good, regardless of the color, even if they were offered in Hydro Blue. To think that the new Grand Wagoneer is gonna sound all redneck packaged in an $80k to $105k machine is only kidding yourself.................................
At $90 to $110k, Redneck like a Trackhawk? ;) :beer:

gsbrockman

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack Plus A8 & F8 Green
Occupation
Owner / Operator Brockman Hauling, LLC
Vehicle Showcase