OP
OP
First Name
Humberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
Have you looked in to doing a lift on a 2 door? Because of the shorter wheelbase, the drive shafts need to bend more which increases the stress along many points of the drive train. It's recommended that you upgrade what ever CVs and U joints involved for better strength but the wear may not be easy to avoid.

The wheel weights should be taken far more seriously than the bumper weights because they're unsprung. These directly add load to engine and steal WHP. Will you use the factory rims for the 35s? The factory rims are 21.6lbs each but aftermarket rims are almost twice that. That plus the heavier 35" tire and the extra rotational mass further outwards also mean it's not just the weight differences when you put these on a scale.
The 2 inch lift that I mentioned involves the already lifted rubicon, I currently have
For towing this vid shows some real world engine performance using the JL V6 - in a JT.

Def test drive a V6 firsthand to see if that engine is preferable to you or not. Generally the 2.0T will feel a bit more sporty with the turbo kick. Whereas the V6 should feel a bit more refined and quieter. Overall 0-60 times etc are pretty similar.

For long term usage we decided to go with the simpler V6. As that base engine has been used in many FCA vehicles. Since we have other vehicles with much more sporty driving characteristics - this was not a consideration for us. Much more important was and fundamentally is - getting up the mountains in any conditions for first lift fun cutting fresh tracks. For that the V6 has not missed a beat and has performed flawlessly in 4Hi.

Good luck with your choice and have fun with your Jeep.

Thanks so much for the input
Yeah the V6 seems like the safe route which is why I am so worried because I love the feel of the nimble 2.0 and if I got V6 I will probably be bored, donā€™t get mw wrong I know itā€™s and excellent engine but I am also a bit worried of the long term of the 2.0
Sponsored

OP
OP
First Name
Humberto
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Wrangler Sport
All knowledge once existed as facts that people didn't understand. You are at that stage.
Thanks for your input appreciate I dis not even feel like responding after that comment of course I know adding weight adds stress.
I currently have 33 inch tires on my sport with 16 inch wheels and for my liking it does not feel sluggish and that 2 inch lift I mentioned I refer to the overall height which I believe the Rubicon is about an 1 inch taller so 1 more more inch overall just to avoid bottom in out every dip off road. Also if he new the Rubicon comes with stronger running gear so what I mentioned is no problem at all

BRuby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR-A Benz-A Porsche-M Subie-M
The 2 inch lift that I mentioned involves the already lifted rubicon, I currently have

Thanks so much for the input
Yeah the V6 seems like the safe route which is why I am so worried because I love the feel of the nimble 2.0 and if I got V6 I will probably be bored, donā€™t get mw wrong I know itā€™s and excellent engine but I am also a bit worried of the long term of the 2.0
No worries. If this were my daily driver and I had no other more sporty vehicles to drive - the 2.0T would be more fun with the turbo kick. It is always nice to put fun into the driving equation. The V6 is def more subdued and has a very smooth linear powerband. In this way it can feel a bit sluggish until you punch it. Then it goes. But for towing or long term use - the V6 would be preferable. Even more so the turbo diesel for towing or longer distances.

Over the years we have owned V8s V6 I4 I5T F6 and F4 configurations. Each having its respective pros and cons. The most fun being the F6 for red line growl and V8 for straight up power.

Kenbike

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon
We have a 2019 JLU Moab with V6 Auto and a 2020 JU Rubicon with 4cy turbo.
Was not crazy about getting the turbo but after 2ooo miles it has really turned out to be a great motor. Has more low end grunt and for sure will pull harder across the entire RPM range. V6 Jeeps hit 23 -24, Turbo hit 26. I sod my 2015 Grand Cherokee V6 with 220, 000 miles and it never had a single engine issue, really never had any trouble just brakes, shocks ect.
Drive both but if I was buying it all over again I would go for the Turbo!

Sponsored

JHawk

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
I have the 2.0 on a 2018 4 door Rubicon - we tow all the time, no issues. I just got back from the Jeep Jamboree and was super pleased how it performed. I have 54000+ on it as it is a daily as well as wheeler - no issues here

Wabujitsu

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR, 2020 JLU Sahara
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Retired US Army
Vehicle Showcase
That's it? You've been spotted as a hack, who puts more importance to bloating your post count than helping someone who's goal it is to collect facts before spending hard earned money. First mistake on your part, jumping into a topic you're obviously not qualified to be in. Second mistake, is not manning up and admitting that fact. It's perfectly fine that not everyone was born and raised in mechanics. What's not at all fine, is posing as one and leading others astray.

But you'll continue, because that's your nature. Yours is the mentality that leads to the loss of knowledgeable minds on these forums.

Go on now, and have the last word. Your type actually sees value in that.
Mike, I just want to say that you have been extremely helpful to me personally, and your mechanicā€™s knowledge and advice has ALWAYS been spot-on. I appreciate you taking the time to help out us less-knowledgeable folks. Your reputation in this field is unquestionably top-notch, and anyone who challenges it is sadly mistaken. Peace, brother.

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Mike, I just want to say that you have been extremely helpful to me personally, and your mechanicā€™s knowledge and advice has ALWAYS been spot-on. I appreciate you taking the time to help out us less-knowledgeable folks. Your reputation in this field is unquestionably top-notch, and anyone who challenges it is sadly mistaken. Peace, brother.
Well, I'm no guru in the mechanical spectrum. My father most certainly is. He was born with a natural love of the game, whereas I obligated myself to it in the name of loyalty. I put my all into it because there's no room for error in the private sector, but still, nothing beats having your full heart in what you do. But still, I spent way too many years dealing with messes made worse than they needed to be because someone thought they knew what they were doing. So its a bit of a pet peeve that makes in hard for me to just sit back when i smell that familiar scent of bullshit here.

Thanks for the kind words, Jeff! I'm glad to be of some help. I've gotten a good deal of info here, so it only makes sense to pay it forward.

And thank you for your service to our country!

neil

First Name
neil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 JLUR, 21 JLUR and others
Build Thread
Link
v6 manual and put the coin you save in aftermarket crap. Also realize your safe from the auto tranny issues.
Sponsored