Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 2018 Renegade Trailhawk
Does the CEL come on or flash?
If I’m at 35mph and push petal down hard my engine revs real high like in neutral and sounds real loud. This this same kind of thing happens with the cylinder misfire. Scares hell out of me whatever it is.

OP
OP

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
*** Update ***
The dealership has had my Jeep for a week now. They tested the spark plug wire, distrubitor, and a gathered some data they sent off to Jeep. Friday 11-2, I heard from the service department and they are waiting on new rocker arms from Jeep. It will take 3-5 days to get the parts and said they probably have to pull them off the assembly line. There were no spare parts available. I’m going this will fix the problem.
They have been covering a rental for the time I’m out of my Jeep, which is what I’d expect from the dealership. The impression I got though was only cause of the service contract I have with them. When I dropped it off I was originally told they don’t have rental or loaner cars anymore. After speaking with my salesman though it was straightened out.

WranglerBane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
*** Update ***
The dealership has had my Jeep for a week now. They tested the spark plug wire, distrubitor, and a gathered some data they sent off to Jeep. Friday 11-2, I heard from the service department and they are waiting on new rocker arms from Jeep. It will take 3-5 days to get the parts and said they probably have to pull them off the assembly line. There were no spare parts available. I’m going this will fix the problem.
They have been covering a rental for the time I’m out of my Jeep, which is what I’d expect from the dealership. The impression I got though was only cause of the service contract I have with them. When I dropped it off I was originally told they don’t have rental or loaner cars anymore. After speaking with my salesman though it was straightened out.
good news Gaust !! I have been a week without my Rubicon, CASE MANAGER at Jeepcares arranged for me to go to another dealership in which they are still waiting for their master Tech to look at the engine. I have been in an Enterprise Rental that JeepCares will reimburse me 45/day, which I thought was cool. I had a bit of squeaky clutch pedal so the transmission tech is replacing "clutch master cylinder" , hopefully next week they will start on the engine diagnostics. How did they trace the issue to your Rocker Arms?

Oscar16

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler unlimited Sahara
Does the CEL come on or flash?
No CEL doesn’t come on. And it doesn’t always do it. Scares me when it does feels like gonna blow motor up revs so high.

Sponsored

WranglerBane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
11/12/2018 UPDATE****** got my vehicle back from the dealership, they replaced cylinder 1 and 2 rocker arms and flashed PCM, drove the wrangler 12 miles or so and accelerated , CEL WAS FLASHING AGAIN, 1st time it was P0301, now it is P0303, got it towed because now the CEL is permanently ON and it was idling really bad at a stop. Got it towed back to the dealership this evening. Wondering if this will fit under the Lemon LAW, this will be attempt # 2

XJrider

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon JL , 2 JK’s , XJ
Lol theres on spark plug wires. The coils are directly on the plus its probably a loose
Coil or wire.

WranglerBane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Lol theres on spark plug wires. The coils are directly on the plus its probably a loose
Coil or wire.
they apparently "checked" all the wiring and nothing was loose , but I will bring that up to them again

WranglerBane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
11/13/2018 UPDATE *** the dealership (not the one I purchased it at ) offered to buy it from me as a trade in. I am gonna trade it in for another Rubicon at this point, completely fed up with the situation... so much $$$$$$$$ down the drain at this point

Sponsored

OP
OP

Gaust

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11/13/2018 UPDATE *** the dealership (not the one I purchased it at ) offered to buy it from me as a trade in. I am gonna trade it in for another Rubicon at this point, completely fed up with the situation... so much $$$$$$$$ down the drain at this point
***Update***
Sorry to hear they were unable to get the issue fixed. I finally got my Jeep back after being in the shop for over 2 weeks. In my case they seemed to have fixed the problem. The paperwork said the 2nd cylinder rocker arm pin was stuck. After waiting for parts I picked my Jeep back up and tested it out. It has not come back so far and I’ve tried giving it a lot of throttle. I’m glad it was not an on going problem like you’ve had.
I missed the Jeep while it was being serviced, but wasn’t too unhappy. The loaner Enterprise gave me had to be a Chrysler, Jeep, or Fiat brand. The only one they had was a 2018 Challenger R/T which was 100% covered by the dealership.

WranglerBane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
***Update***
Sorry to hear they were unable to get the issue fixed. I finally got my Jeep back after being in the shop for over 2 weeks. In my case they seemed to have fixed the problem. The paperwork said the 2nd cylinder rocker arm pin was stuck. After waiting for parts I picked my Jeep back up and tested it out. It has not come back so far and I’ve tried giving it a lot of throttle. I’m glad it was not an on going problem like you’ve had.
I missed the Jeep while it was being serviced, but wasn’t too unhappy. The loaner Enterprise gave me had to be a Chrysler, Jeep, or Fiat brand. The only one they had was a 2018 Challenger R/T which was 100% covered by the dealership.

I am really happy and also hope your dealership actually fixed the issue. I didn't have much patience and said to hell with it and decided to get out of the situation , costed me 5405.00 of negative equity and another 4k down to make the payment "somewhat" equal to my previous one :headbang:, The dealership that I took it to , their service department was very helpful compared to Nyle Maxwell dealership here in Austin TX. I wasn't going to throw any names but at this point, with all the headache and the fact that I had driven a rental care more than my own jeep. I am fed up as you can see. I am now in another Rubicon manual Firecracker red(which isn't the color I truly wanted but oh well) compared to the STING GREY that I originally chosen. I am breaking in the engine EXTRA LONG this time and plan to change the oil before I decide to accelerate it and hope and pray to God this one will be MUCH better to me :(. I am hopeful your dealership fixed it though sine the fact you accelerated and no CEL flashing !

jlroman2

First Name
Jorge
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sahara (Granite)
Occupation
BCBA
Vehicle Showcase
***Update***
any problems these last four years? hahah

ALEX-4LO

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR & 2020 JLUR - Project JL's
@Gaust - Do you know if the service contract after picking up the jeep place your work under "powertrain warranty?"

I wonder if rocker arms are covered under standard power train warranty or extended warranty coverage only.
Sponsored