Sponsored

V41 reimbursement if I already replaced steering stabilizer?

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
I got denied reimbursement because I didn’t have my aftermarket steering stabilizer installed at a dealership...

FFCC5E81-C95C-4426-8146-11EFC9B1136B.jpeg

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
Can anybody comment on if their aftermarket steering stabilizer was installed at a dealership? I call BS, because they originally denied me because I bought mine on 6/21 & the recall was issued 6/6...but I had no idea about it until the following month AFTER I had it installed. Where I got them was I had my Jeep at the dealer 6/13 getting the Sky One Touch TSB done & they didn’t mention anything about a recall, yet they updated firmware, etc. So they expect me to know about a recall, but not the dealership? So now they say it’s an aftermarket part...My response: but others got reimbursed for aftermarket parts...Now it’s that it wasn’t installed by an FCA approved installer...which is complete bullshit.

The funny part is my original case manager called me the first time & lied to me, saying the Jeep executives (“higher ups”) made a decision to not reimburse ANYBODY for aftermarket parts. I found out my original denial last night calling the Jeep Care number, which was due to my purchase date being after the V41 recall issue date. The case manager’s name was Ernesto I. btw... I was completely understanding when he lied to me too..then I see this thread & now it’s a matter of principal. I don’t like being lied to. I’ve had quite a few FCA vehicles, they’re nice & always have their flaws unfortunately, but customer service for them really sucks from my experience (both in person & over email or the phone).

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Can anybody comment on if their aftermarket steering stabilizer was installed at a dealership? I call BS, because they originally denied me because I bought mine on 6/21 & the recall was issued 6/6...but I had no idea about it until the following month AFTER I had it installed. Where I got them was I had my Jeep at the dealer 6/13 getting the Sky One Touch TSB done & they didn’t mention anything about a recall, yet they updated firmware, etc. So they expect me to know about a recall, but not the dealership? So now they say it’s an aftermarket part...My response: but others got reimbursed for aftermarket parts...Now it’s that it wasn’t installed by an FCA approved installer...which is complete bullshit.

The funny part is my original case manager called me the first time & lied to me, saying the Jeep executives (“higher ups”) made a decision to not reimburse ANYBODY for aftermarket parts. I found out my original denial last night calling the Jeep Care number, which was due to my purchase date being after the V41 recall issue date. The case manager’s name was Ernesto I. btw... I was completely understanding when he lied to me too..then I see this thread & now it’s a matter of principal. I don’t like being lied to. I’ve had quite a few FCA vehicles, they’re nice & always have their flaws unfortunately, but customer service for them really sucks from my experience (both in person & over email or the phone).

Several owners installed aftermarkets ourselves... I'm one of them. If they gave you the Heisman because the official recall date was before you purchased your stabilizer, that's what you should have been told.

There was a lot of misinformation & confusion early on about what FCA would/wouldn't reimburse for, whether they would honor OEM only, etc.

This is the only funny part of the notice.

upload_2019-9-4_15-15-53.png

JEEPIDON

First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon, 2021 Gladiator Rubicon, 2013 Ram2500
Occupation
Retired - Business Consultant
I got denied reimbursement because I didn’t have my aftermarket steering stabilizer installed at a dealership...

FFCC5E81-C95C-4426-8146-11EFC9B1136B.jpeg
I think all car manufacturers would follow this same policy. If they let any owner do what they thought was necessary with any parts they purchased all hell would break loose. Maybe a consultation with the dealer first about getting the part and letting them install it could have yielded a check in your favor for the parts you bought. At least your car is fixed and you'll have this topic to negotiate when you decide to trade for your next vehicle. Good negotiation could be beneficial in the future. I hope you have a good time with your Jeep, I certainly am with mine!!!

Sponsored

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I sent my reimbursement in yesterday. If they deny me no biggie, it was only $37 shipped. Worth it not to have to take time out of my day and let some dirty tech touch my jeep.

WhyUMad

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
You see, I agree with y’all on what y’all said, except for the fact that people are in fact being reimbursed for installing aftermarket parts on their own (not at an FCA dealer). So this is complete BS, not to mention my case manager lied & said the top execs were not reimbursing anyone with aftermarket parts, then the girl I called at the Jeep Customer Care # last night after reading this thread said it was because of my purchase on 6/21 & the recall date was 6/6....THENNN I remembered I went to the dealer 6/13 for service & they never informed me of a recall, yet did other updates/etc. (firmware updates) that I didn’t bring it there for. So, I called & brought that up to the girl on the phone & this is the latest email I received...so they have now given me 3 different reasons as to why it is denied, yet all 3 have been BS so far, including the 6/21 purchase date one since I didn’t receive a recall letter until after 6/21 & my dealer didn’t even tell me about during a visit for a TSB on 6/13 that they performed other updates on it as well (but no recall even mentioned).

I wasn’t expecting a reimbursement tbh, but now others are getting them for the same parts & self-installs as I did, yet I’ve been denied & lied to multiple times now. I just find it funny. Anybody that did an aftermarket install at a non-FCA dealer, if you got reimbursed, would you mind sending me a screenshot of your reimbursement approval letter to send back as a reply to the screenshot I posted. That would be the icing on the cake...I wanna know their next denial reason.

RubiRob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
Glad I found this thread. Dude nearly laughed at me when he called saying that they wouldn't refund a aftermarket stabilizer. Just emailed him back with a peice of my mind after seeing you guys already holding checks. FCA needs to get their shit together, either all or none.

Jeep Wrangler JL V41 reimbursement if I already replaced steering stabilizer? {filename}

Huehue80

First Name
Cohan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JLUR
I just received my email that they are reimbursing me for my Falcon stabilizer. This is pretty damn impressive.

Excerpt:
"We are pleased to inform you that we have approved a total of $349.99 reimbursement for the steering stabilizer you purchased in relation to Recall V41. We will be sending the check to the mailing address on file for you. Please allow 30 calendar days for the check to arrive."

FYI my purchase was legit though Amazon, I provided proof of purchase and picture of installation.
I got the same email today for reimbursement for my falcon nexus 2.2.

Bearman95

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Rubicon
I tried several times to open the web site for reimbursement but couldn’t get it to work. How are you guys getting the info to FCA for reimbursement?

Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
@Bearman95 ... It depends on the browser you're using. Chorme didn't work for me, but worked for others; Edge is trash; I was successful using IE. If you're using Safari, you'd have to disable JavaScript.

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
Got an email back from jeep customer service. They want me to bring it in to be inspected before being reimbursed. Understandable but not sure if I will bother.

wrangler-rob

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Yea, a lot of stupid posts on many of the forums by folks who have nothing better to do than listen to their own farts and tell us what "word on the street" or their service manager said.. :facepalm:
I've heard that if you don't use 91 octane that you void your warranty, that the eTorque batteries are NOT covered under warranty, need to be replaced every 7 years and cost $7k (that guy had a second profile that he used to agree with himself!) I normally don't respond, but some of the ignorance is just sooooo ridiculous.
Thanks for the info Punkindave, one quick question which I couldn’t tell by your posts: did you purchase an OEM replacement and get reimbursed or aftermarket? Thanks much!
Sponsored