Sponsored

V41 reimbursement if I already replaced steering stabilizer?

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited Sport S JL, 2018 Renegade Latitude 4x4
So I installed a new track bar and steering stabilizer (Falcon Nexus EF2.2) a few months back and just got a notification on my phone from Jeep saying it’s being recalled for the steering stabilizer. I see an option for reimbursement but since I installed it myself, am I eligible for reimbursement on the part cost?

I know they have a reimbursement website for this but when I try and get the process started (at least to see if I’m eligible) the damn website doesn’t work.....

I’d like to know if this is at all possible before I spend any more time dealing with FCA and their website/support people.
Sponsored

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
So I installed a new track bar and steering stabilizer (Falcon Nexus EF2.2) a few months back and just got a notification on my phone from Jeep saying it’s being recalled for the steering stabilizer. I see an option for reimbursement but since I installed it myself, am I eligible for reimbursement on the part cost?

I know they have a reimbursement website for this but when I try and get the process started (at least to see if I’m eligible) the damn website doesn’t work.....

I’d like to know if this is at all possible before I spend any more time dealing with FCA and their website/support people.
I show the recall as 'incomplete' when I log into Mopar and when I enter my VIN, I get 'no data found for this VIN' on the reimbursement request form.

Is this what's happening to you?

OP
OP
tCub

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So for me at the VIN screen, I enter it but it just spins.... never loads the next page.

I was notified of the recall via the Jeep owners app on iPhone which lists both my Jeeps, incomplete/complete recalls, service records etc. I can see the recall in app but the website doesn’t work. :(

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
So for me at the VIN screen, I enter it but it just spins.... never loads the next page.

I was notified of the recall via the Jeep owners app on iPhone which lists both my Jeeps, incomplete/complete recalls, service records etc. I can see the recall in app but the website doesn’t work. :(
I tried again from my laptop at home. After I enter my VIN for the reimbursement request there's a redirect to this link, but all I get is a blank screen. I get 2 different results from work & from home. I'll give it some time... I'm in no rush.

https://www.chrysler.com/webselfservice/fcanorth/VinInputForm.jsp

kobejo34

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
I just did this in Firefox and it worked. Chrome was a blank page. You have to submit the receipt, detailed work by shop, or I assume the packing slip where you ordered the part.

Sponsored

WalkingJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sport S
Is there a price limit? I have fox shocks but would they only reimburse for a 2.0 or I wonder if they'll reimburse for higher models as well...

tatarin

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MOAB Mojito Sky One-Touch, 2015 Lexus RX350F-sport, 2005 Camry SE
Vehicle Showcase
I'm curious if this reimbursement will work for you guys, because when I called FCA to check on this, I was told that they will only pay for the OEM replacement. :movember:

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
Im guessing in order to get reimbursed, you have to get the work done by a certified shop...which is BS since it only takes a total of 5 minutes to replace.

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be at the dealer tomorrow, I will inquire about the reimburstment process.

Command Line RC

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Wrangler Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
I'll be at the dealer tomorrow, I will inquire about the reimburstment process.
20 bucks says that they brush it off and pretend to not care....haha.

Ya let us know what they say...i'm curious.

Thanks,

Sponsored

Minty JL

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Rubicon, '10 Tahoe PPV, '04 Colorado ZQ8
Occupation
CySec Instructor at DC3
Vehicle Showcase
20 bucks says that they brush it off and pretend to not care....haha.

Ya let us know what they say...i'm curious.

Thanks,
Yeah man, Don't know unless you try.

I installed the Fox Steering stabilizer when I installed my lift.......so, if they cover that; sweet more mod money.

OP
OP
tCub

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Still having website issues but curious if anyone has had luck yet or gotten confirmation we’re eligible for 3rd part parts and/or self installs. I mean... I did replace the component in part to address the crappy steering so..

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase
Still having website issues but curious if anyone has had luck yet or gotten confirmation we’re eligible for 3rd part parts and/or self installs. I mean... I did replace the component in part to address the crappy steering so..
Apparently there's no reimbursement for an aftermarket stabilizer. See @tatarin post #81... If he called FCA, I'd say that's confirmation. It's the second post I've seen stating the same.

https://www.jlwranglerforums.com/forum/threads/got-the-v41-recall-work-done.32867/page-6#post-803977

OP
OP
tCub

tCub

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)