V41 Recall Frustration- dealer says the part is on backorder

SoCaliMommy

First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
I had to drop my 2019 JLU Sport we bought used a month ago back at the dealer on 6/22 because over the weekend we experience death wobble the first time taking it on the freeway for a decent amount of time since buying it and later looked under it to find the steering damper was installed wrong... when i dropped it off i found out our jeep was for sure the dealerships rental and the part was installed i'm assumung by them in Sept 19 when the updated install instructions went out in June19 so someone couldnt even do their job with pictures to help them. They called me yesterday 6/24 letting me know that the part is on backorder and basically they have no clue when they will get the part.
Sponsored

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
I had to drop my 2019 JLU Sport we bought used a month ago back at the dealer on 6/22 because over the weekend we experience death wobble the first time taking it on the freeway for a decent amount of time since buying it and later looked under it to find the steering damper was installed wrong... when i dropped it off i found out our jeep was for sure the dealerships rental and the part was installed i'm assumung by them in Sept 19 when the updated install instructions went out in June19 so someone couldnt even do their job with pictures to help them. They called me yesterday 6/24 letting me know that the part is on backorder and basically they have no clue when they will get the part.
Hi Kami, what dealer are you working with? Feel free to send us a PM with more info so we can see how to help.

Kaitlin
Jeep Cares

WranglerMan

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sahara
Occupation
Gas Pipeliner
Vehicle Showcase
I believe FCA will still reimburse you if you put one on, I put a Fox on and they gave me all the $$$ back and itā€™s 100% better than factory

Sponsored

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I ordered the v41 stabilizer from an out-of-state dealership, spent a few minutes installing and FCA reimbursed me through their website. I know FCA was reimbursing after-market stabilizers but I "thought" they only did that if you replaced with after-market BEFORE they announced the recall.

OP
OP
SoCaliMommy

SoCaliMommy

First Name
Kami
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport
The dealership called me today saying my jeep was ready to get picked up...... i picked it up drove down the street to park and really look at it and They didn't replace the bolts or nuts like directed to in the recall. They said it was a internal failure of the streering damper that caused the death wobble. I'm now in a dealership rental yet again, They said they should have all the parts tomorrow. we will see .
Sponsored

Last edited: