Sponsored

V41 recall done. Quite happy with the results.

OP
OP
Wanted33

Wanted33

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sting-Gray Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Jim, you are very welcome; I was honored to do so. Slight correction - I am a Sergeant First Class, one rank below First Sergeant - although I have filled in as the unit First Sergeant a few times, once for over a year.

I agree with you regarding the lack of understanding of the handling characteristics of the Jeep Wrangler. As an example, the dead spot in the steering is typical of ALL Pitman-arm-engineered steering configurations. It cannot be eliminated; it is IMPOSSIBLE to do so.

A quote from this link https://www.carbibles.com/car-steering-systems/
“Majority of the steering box mechanisms operating the Pitman arm include a dead spot, or slack, where the steering wheel need to be turned slightly even before initiating any movement to the front wheels. The dead spot or slack can be easily adjusted or tightened; unfortunately, there really is no way you can eliminate it.”

Peace.
@Wabujitsu Sorry brother, I missed the whole title. So, basically you did all the work, and the 1st Sgt. got the credit. I get it......:)

I've been there in a different capacity. But, I wouldn't change anything. I'm sure you understand. :like:

BTW, I grew up on the farm learning to drive on those old Ford, Chevy's, and Internationals with those old pitman arms. Those old trucks had been through the wringer. Now, that was some steering wheel play right there. :rock:
Sponsored

Killed by Death

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sarge Green 2021 Rubicon 2 Door
Purchased a Fox 2.0 steering dampener from my local dealership and had FCA eat the install labor due to the recall. Win / Win for me and the dealer. I got a much better dampener, parts made a sell and FCA paid the labor costs. I highly recommend the Fox replacement. My stock JL Rubicon now drives like a completely different vehicle and one hand steering is a breeze.
IMG_1065.jpeg

MHorschel32

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Rubicon
I had the V41 recall done along with an oil change, and tire rotation at my local Jeep dealer Hendrick here in Concord. Done in an hour which surprised me. The steering (on my Sahara) is more crisp, and the side to side play in the steering wheel is all but gone. Just wanted to report my experience with the new damper for those that have questions.
Got the recall performed on my 2019 Rubicon today. I noticed less wandering and slightly less play in the steering wheel. Much less effort to drive on windy non divided roads, but it’s still a Jeep.
Sponsored