Mark Elliott

Mark Elliott

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon
All is well. Of course “that” technician was off today, but the foreman was informed. I dont want anybody to get in trouble, I just want to make sure they pay closer attention to detail.
Sponsored

tk2fast

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2000 TJ, 2001 XJ
When I had the V41 done I told the service writer about the need for the bulge to be installed downward and he said "oh ya, we know, we do this all the time" and then disregarded any further communication. Then when they finished, I checked and sure enough the bulge was in the upward position. The tech then came out to look at it and was not happy with me when I nicely explained the new stabilizers need to have the bulge in the downward position. I became the "bad" guy. Dam... why are some dealers so arrogant and can't accept the fact they don't know it all.

Don't take it for granted that your dealer installed correctly. CHECK IT!

Solidaxle

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2 Door Rubicon
This is typical of the new bizarro world we live in, it’s true on any subject.
If you are the person pointing out the problem you become the problem not the person who actually created the problem. Just about any subject now. You better watch out you might be called racist for complaining about that black steering stabilizer. Yes it’s that crazy.

tk2fast

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2000 TJ, 2001 XJ
This is typical of the new bizarro world we live in, it’s true on any subject.
If you are the person pointing out the problem you become the problem not the person who actually created the problem. Just about any subject now. You better watch out you might be called racist for complaining about that black steering stabilizer. Yes it’s that crazy.
Wow... What you said is dead on! Could not agree more.

Sponsored

Supercharged

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S, Pontiac G8 GT, GMC Acadia
I was nervous about my first oil change. Just got the recall letter in the mail. Maybe I'll just ask them to give the the new one. I'll ask for the updated track bar while I'm at it. Lol

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
If it makes you feel any better, I had my new BMW motorcycle in for its 600 break-in service at a very reputable BMW Motorrad shop and when I got it back, they forgot to re-attach the top of the front forks. Could have killed me on a ride. The one good thing tho is when I brought it to the shop owner's attention, he relieved the service manager and the mechanic of their duties, as they say. He brought in a new service manager and had techs go thru more training.

It's a shame, but it can happen with lots of different brands, not just Jeep. Why I only really trust the service I do myself.

Best,
-Tim
Im the only person who touches my bike, so I always know who to blame. My wife hears me yelling at myself in the garage and just rolls her eyes.

Timmyjoe

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Sport-S "Islander" (2-Door)
Im the only person who touches my bike, so I always know who to blame. My wife hears me yelling at myself in the garage and just rolls her eyes.
The only time I let a mechanic touch one of my motorcycles is when it has its first "break-in" service because many shops try to void the warranty if they didn't do the "break-in" service. That is the last time my BMW will ever have to go to the shop. I too, service my own bikes. Part of the joy of ownership.

Best,
-Tim

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep JL V6 SportS, (Retired 74 CJ-5, 80 CJ-7)
Occupation
Just ask @cosine he knows!
Luckily I live close to the dealer so when it's installed upside down it'll only be 5 mile drive home so I can install it correctly 10 minutes later. But maybe the dice will come up lucky 7s and It'll be right :)

At least I know I'll never have 6 qts of oil in my Jeep!

Vawildjeep

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon 2 1/2” stage 2 Icon lift 37” Nitto Ridge Grapplers on 20” Fuel Beasts.
Occupation
Business owner
Vehicle Showcase
Can someone post pics of exactly where I should be looking to make sure mine is done correctly? I am going to have mine done this Thursday afternoon.

Sponsored

Greg H

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
If they installed it upside down and you drove it before taking it back. I'd make them replace it. The installation instructions say if mounted incorrectly it wont function properly and will cause damage to the damper.

Token

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
If they installed it upside down and you drove it before taking it back. I'd make them replace it. The installation instructions say if mounted incorrectly it wont function properly and will cause damage to the damper.
Not to mention FCA deems the fasteners one time use
So they are supposed to be replaced once removed.

I know the bolts are probably fine, but I checked mine, and they were certainly not torqued to spec, just run all the way down with an impact, so the threads may have been stretched

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
This just keeps getting better :(

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
This just keeps getting better :(
Yep unreal. I think I’ll keep my stock dampner until I feel the death wobble. It’s not broke so I’m not having it fixed.

blnewt

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Yep unreal. I think I’ll keep my stock dampner until I feel the death wobble. It’s not broke so I’m not having it fixed.
Yeah, mine steers/handles great so I'm hesitant for my JL to even cross the dealers property line at this point.
Sponsored