Using Hi-Lift with OEM steel bumpers?

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 3.0 Gecko
Any tips for using a Hi-Lift jack with the OEM front & rear steel bumpers? The large runner doesn't work with the rounded steel bumpers, and the bumper lift/lift mate accessories don't appear to be a workable option. I've thought of some possibilities, but maybe I don't have to re-invent the wheel if someone already found a good way to make them work together.

Please save your rants against Hi-Lifts and OEM steel bumpers for another thread. Thank you.
Sponsored

Dyolfknip74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
Any tips for using a Hi-Lift jack with the OEM front & rear steel bumpers? The large runner doesn't work with the rounded steel bumpers, and the bumper lift/lift mate accessories don't appear to be a workable option. I've thought of some possibilities, but maybe I don't have to re-invent the wheel if someone already found a good way to make them work together.

Please save your rants against Hi-Lifts and OEM steel bumpers for another thread. Thank you.
Use the rock rails. The OEM bumpers don't have enough 90° corners for the jack to have purchase. You could also try a small strap or chain I guess.
No rant, but you'll see a lot of aftermarket bumpers with specific Hi Lift jack points. The OEM is not one of the.m.

OP
OP
21JLURDG

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The stock rock rails have a better angle, but I don't trust the little attachment brackets and bolts. I did use the GenRight rock rails on a previous vehicle.

I'm surprised that this subject hasn't been addressed before. I found a few ways to attach a soft shackle or short strap to the bumpers, and a couple of spots in the back where the bumper lift attachment might work. I'll eventually will try it out at home to see which are acceptable solutions (least dangerous/least likely to cause damage) and post some pictures.

I'd still like to know if anyone else came up with innovative solutions.

OP
OP
21JLURDG

21JLURDG

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just ran across this hi-lift adapter. Works with D-rings too. https://jeepsneeds.com/products/sam-ujl
This looks like a fair option. I like how it works with the stock steel bumper and hooks. Disadvantages I see is 1) Hi-Lift mounts high on front bumper and therefore loses 6-10" to lift, 2) can only lift on the hook side of the rear bumper, 3) expensive adapter.
Sponsored