DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
I may be old, but it doesn´t seem to me to be that many years ago when 33´s were the choice size for modified Jeeps. The hard core rigs at Moab all had them, with a few extreme rigs with 35´s. My how things have changed! THey used to do all those trails on 33´s, btw.
Sponsored

LooselyHeldPlans

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 3.6 JLUR
Occupation
Several
I’ve done a good number of trails in southern Colorado in my stock (probably less after the winch) height Rubicon. I don’t go looking for obstacles though as I’m there for the scenery. I’ll eventually install a belly skid and don’t plan on having the Jeep any higher than is needed to clear a set of skinny 35s.

TRZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, Ocean Blue
The trails in Colorado and Moab are getting really chewed up, requiring more vehicle
to run than in the past. (This is why I switched from a Grand Cherokee on 33s to a Rubi on 35s.)

As others have mentioned, you need less height on a 2 door than a 4 door. I ran my stock JLUR in Moab last year and had to be dragged over about 10 obstacles on the Golden Spike trail, it’s just too long a vehicle without a decent amount of lift. I’ve since installed the Mopar lift and 35s.

Have you considered rock sliders with built in step? (Not sure that will solve your problem.)
Sponsored