Sponsored

USB-C in console

jgdiablo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4xe - Turbo Blue
I have a 2018 JLU Sport and I'd like to be able to get USB-C in the same location where USB2 is located. I don't have the rear-passenger USB ports. Has anyone come up with a mod?
Sponsored

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
It wouldn't offer the full power capabilities though...right?
It's just the shape of the connector, if you get a good quality adapter. Might be easier to find a good quality USB hub. You don't need to use all the ports if you're worried.

If you don't want thr hub or adapter dangling around in the center console you can fix it from the inside but needs more surgery.

RobP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JL Rubicon & '22 JLUR XR
It's just the shape of the connector, if you get a good quality adapter. Might be easier to find a good quality USB hub. You don't need to use all the ports if you're worried.

If you don't want thr hub or adapter dangling around in the center console you can fix it from the inside but needs more surgery.

I just purchased a USB hub today to add USB ports in the center console and as soon as I plugged it in, the Jeep screen said "Doesn't support Hubs". I'm trying to have both an Android and Iphone usb connection in the center console for carplay/android auto. Still searching....

rubileon

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR RHD 3.6
I just purchased a USB hub today to add USB ports in the center console and as soon as I plugged it in, the Jeep screen said "Doesn't support Hubs". I'm trying to have both an Android and Iphone usb connection in the center console for carplay/android auto. Still searching....
That's good to know. It should be solved by having a "charge only" USB adapter adapter or cable in between the hub and the port.
Sponsored