USAA TrueCar $500 Rebate question.

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
Did any of you guys use the USAA/TrueCar $500 military rebate when you purchased? This is a separate rebate offered through a partnership with USAA and TrueCar. The Jeep military $500 rebate is only applicable to current military members, retired military or veterans within 12 months of separation. I'm an old guy and have been out since 1988, but as a USAA member, qualify for this TrueCar rebate. The paperwork gives an offer code and says it is combinable with public offers. I'm also eligible for the $500 first responders rebate so I'm hoping to get an additional $1000 off of my 1% below invoice Tread Lightly discount. Have any of you guys stacked these two rebates and used them with Tread Lightly? Did the dealership give you a hard time? My Jeep is set to land soon so I have to go in and confirm all the final numbers. I'm always ready for some bullsh*t when I sit down to hash out final price.
Sponsored

foxredlab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR 4xe
I combined the perks at work truecar $500 rebate along with 5% off invoice on my 4xe purchase. I also had offer codes from USAA and NFCU, but dealer said I could only use 1 offer code and he applied the perks at work code.

OP
OP
Brsox

Brsox

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019. 4Runner TRD PRO
I combined the perks at work truecar $500 rebate along with 5% off invoice on my 4xe purchase. I also had offer codes from USAA and NFCU, but dealer said I could only use 1 offer code and he applied the perks at work code.
Yeah...I think the TrueCar and USAA are connected so you can only use one. I don't think it can be combined with any other "outside" rebate but can be combined with Jeep sponsored rebates like the first responder rebate. The TrueCar rebate does say it's combinable with other National rebates but dealers like to disallow some rebates even though the money gets returned to them. I don't think they like doing the work to process the rebates.

driventoadventure

First Name
Lrr
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURD
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Employed Gainfully
Clubs

Did any of you guys use the USAA/TrueCar $500 military rebate when you purchased? This is a separate rebate offered through a partnership with USAA and TrueCar. The Jeep military $500 rebate is only applicable to current military members, retired military or veterans within 12 months of separation. I'm an old guy and have been out since 1988, but as a USAA member, qualify for this TrueCar rebate. The paperwork gives an offer code and says it is combinable with public offers. I'm also eligible for the $500 first responders rebate so I'm hoping to get an additional $1000 off of my 1% below invoice Tread Lightly discount. Have any of you guys stacked these two rebates and used them with Tread Lightly? Did the dealership give you a hard time? My Jeep is set to land soon so I have to go in and confirm all the final numbers. I'm always ready for some bullsh*t when I sit down to hash out final price.
I didn't even try on my Jeep since I got below invoice pricing through tread lightly and my work... Both of the previous vehicles I bought I tried the USAA discount and was able to get better deals just in negotiating... Know that in both cases I told them my target price was slightly above (Telluride at the start of the pandemic) or at invoice and literally walked away when they wouldn't (both times less than the USAA discounted price), but it probably helped that the USAA true car discount referral was the introduction for them.

rkeen81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Rubicon/2023 JLU Rubicon 4xe (Hydro Blue
Thank you for this post. I had forgotten about my NFCU $500 coupon. Every little bit helps!
Sponsored